Project Manager - Industrial Markets
I have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join a successful and growing engineering business based in Staffordshire. This company specialise in the development of bespoke equipment and instrumentation supplied to the Gas, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industries worldwide.
They are going through a strong period of growth in response to the successful development of new product ranges and have recently had significant investment with ambitious plans for further growth over the next few years.
You will have full project lifecycle management responsibility seeing projects through to delivery with a focus on customer and commercial management.
- Manage customer expectations throughout the project lifecycle through application of company standards and processes.
- Control the scope, timescales and budget to customer satisfaction
- Maximise profitability of the contract and achieve a satisfactory cash flow through regular budget cost control, forecasting and cost saving measures.
- Manage and co-ordinate with department heads the company's resources allocated to the project's delivery.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, project risks and plan mitigation
- Be responsible for communications with the customer's project team and site personnel, including progress reporting, addressing all project related issues, risks and challenges to ensure smooth on-time delivery of the project.
- Use the organisation's PMM to manage Projects through the lifecycle.
- Maintain close liaison with key stakeholders
- Facilitate and develop the overall document pack that details the scope, schedule and associated costs. Take responsibility to ensure that all internal and external partners are committed and sign off the baselined plan.
- Manage the plan and co-ordinate project activities to achieve agreed project milestones through acceptance and sign off of internal work packets.
- Forecast, monitor and control all project costs and prepare internal monthly project status reports.
- Ensure project schedules are met, maintain up-to-date knowledge on project progress and prepare regular client project progress reports.
- Monitor the project design and production to ensure cost efficiency and compliance with contract specifications and original cost estimates.
- Take responsibility for the change management process of the projects
- Take responsibility for the successful closure of the project to include all customer sign offs, lesson learned analysis, archiving and financial closure.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, cost and labour estimates and provide support service to the sales department during contract meetings with customers.
- Organise & accompany the customer / representatives during in-house and/or site acceptance testing of equipment.
Skills and Background Required:
- A high calibre Project Manager with a successful track record of delivering projects
- A minimum of 5 years' experience
- Experience of leading projects in demanding customer environments
- Ability to manage a portfolio of complex and concurrent projects.
- Experience using a recognised Project Management lifecycle
- Experience managing projects full lifecycle- from requirements capture through to installation & commissioning
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven effective customer management, able to coach and mentor all involved stakeholders.
- Experience in managing various contract types such as NEC3 is desirable
- Strong financial and numerical acumen.
- Self-motivated and can work alone or with minimal supervision.
- Effective listening, communication and analytical skills.
- Scheduling experience including working knowledge of MS Project or equivalent
- Experience working within Gas, Utility, Oil & Gas or process industries is desirable
- Experience of delivering engineering infrastructure projects is desirable
- A Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Qualification in Prince2, APMP or PMI is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and successful business that are at the forefront of developing cutting edge products that offer the opportunity of an enjoyable and exciting career in a growing company.
The role is predominately based on the company site however infrequent travel to customer and client premises and sites is required.
How to APPLY:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management.