We are looking for a Project Manager to provide a competent and efficient project management structure for the delivery of an exciting, disruptive, high value (c£400k-£600k) capital project for a medical device, funded by Innovate UK, the government's innovation agency. The Project Manager will report directly to the CEO (UK based) and benefit from a salary of c£60000.
This is a hands-on role for a strong personality able to recruit and lead a team of engineers, to keep the project on schedule and in budget, and who will ultimately deliver a product ready to market.
The job will start as soon as possible, and will finish at the completion of the project in January 2019.
Project Manager responsibilities:
- Recruit team of engineers as specified by our project plan approved by Innovate UK
- Build upon our prototype to develop a medical device
- Overall project management responsibility for project (prototype to delivery) to ensure key cost, time-plan and technical deliverables are achieved
- Act as the main point of contact with CEO during project life cycle
- Manage overall project budget, ensuring forecast budget is achieved
- Produce and manage project time-plans and resource plans
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to meet medical regulatory requirements (ISO 13485, ISO 14971, 60601-1 etc.)
Project Manager requirements:
- Preferably engineering degree level, however candidates with relevant experience will be considered
- Chartered status within a relevant institution (PMI, APM) would be a distinct advantage.
- Project management experience of device production and regulation within the medical device industry would be a distinct advantage
- Commercial awareness of managing within agreed budgets and time frames
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Broad knowledge of electronics, firmware, Android, cloud data transfer and SolidWorks would be a distinct advantage
- A confident team player with well-developed communication and organisational skills who can quickly develop strong and respected internal and external relationships.
The company is a small but global provider of advanced equipment for the medical sleep diagnostics market offering a range of systems covering virtually all aspects of sleep diagnosis. For the last 25 years we are based five miles North-East of Oxford in a leafy rural location with great views of the surrounding countryside.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for we have a detailed job description that we can share with you, please apply in confidence with CV and full salary details.