Salary: £29,000 - £32,000
6 Month Fixed Term Contact
Purpose of role:
The Project Manager is an integral member of the BMW Group Academy project team responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific BMW Group projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The Project Manager needs to ensure that projects are delivered to timescales and budgets under the direction of the Senior Project Manager.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project in line with Brand expectations
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables to the BMW Group Brands and BMW Academy
- Define project tasks and resource requirements during the initial kick meetings with the brands and design team
- Develop full scale project plans / timelines in the Resource Planner and ensure this is kept up-to-date on a daily basis and distributed to all stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Manage project budget in line with Brand expectations and provide regular updates to the brands
- Ensure that costings proposals, PO’s and invoices are carried out in line with Babcock’s policy
- Manage supplier relationships - monitor performance against service level agreements, chair regular meetings, maintain open feedback regarding service and monitor spend against budget.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools like the resource planner and report on progress of the projects to all stakeholders
- Quality assurance
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Act as an ambassador representing BMW Academy, understanding vision, values and corporate standards
- Liaise with the brand / group customer regarding the scheduling of courses and internally within the Operations department of the Academy
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Qualification in project management or equivalent
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Proficient in project management software
- Formal qualification in project management (e.g. Association of Project Management or Prince II Practitioner).
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply using the button below.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We recommend that you register for free Babcock job alerts - this means you’ll automatically receive an email every time a vacancy is advertised which matches your specified job criteria. To register for job alerts please click here