iPP (Integrated Pathology Partnerships) are part of the SYNLAB, the largest clinical diagnostics organisation in Europe.
With recent business growth, we have an opening for a Project Manager based at our new state-of-the-art, multi-million-pound facility in the Basildon area. The purpose of the role is to provide professional project management expertise across multiple assignments to ensure the delivery of new services, IT solutions, integration of new equipment and implementation of improvements to the required quality within budget and deadlines.
The position will cover Essex with the opportunity to be involved in UK wide projects.
Other Duties include:
- Develop and implement project plans for the management, coordination and facilitation of projects.
- Ensure project scope, goals, benefits and deliverables are defined.
- Manage project risks and inter-dependencies in according to tolerances set by project governance.
- Ensure operational participation in the planning, progress and completion of projects.
- Develop communication documents to structure the communication of projects.
- Develop, maintain, monitor and report on project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies. Review all of these at appropriate periods.
- Resolve project issues with stakeholders.
- To work with and support work-stream leads, managers, consultant pathologists, other staff and stakeholders developing a multi-disciplinary and multi-service approach, by creating, sharing, influencing and implementing new processes and ways of working.
- Manage the Project Management Officer to enable them to perform the role to the best of their ability. Provide direction and support.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner Project Management qualification.
- Experience of LEAN methodologies within a fast changing environment.
- Has a track record of delivering complex business change and ICT projects from initiation phase through to project closure.
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector or NHS.
- Proven stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Experience in system configuration, testing, and documentation
- Strong financial management abilities.
Integrated Pathology Partnerships (IPP) was established in 2010 to work in partnership with the NHS to deliver transformed pathology testing services in the UK. IPP now conducts more than 24 million tests per annum and employs over 700 staff across seven sites in the UK.
IPP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNLAB, the European leader in delivery of high quality pathology testing and imaging services. SYNLAB operates in 35 countries across four continents, employing more than 13,000 members of staff and conducting over 400 million tests per annum.