A vacancy for a Project Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space to be based in either Guildford or Newcastle.
The successful applicant will join the Intelligence Group and will be responsible for the project management of IT Delivery and Software Infrastructure/Hosting Projects.
You will project manage the analysis, delivery and implementation of projects, co-ordinating delivery across multiple work-streams and stakeholders. You will also ensure projects are run to Airbus Project methodology and deliver the agreed outputs outlined in the business case or Customer proposals.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
* Responsible for matrix management of internal and external resources as appropriate.
* Responsible for managing the end to end project management process from design through to implementation and post launch issue management and closure.
* Responsible for the building of close working relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders - gaining a clear understanding of project scope & deliverables, managing expectations and escalating risk on a timely basis.
* Responsible for the effective financial management of projects - including confirmation of budget approval, project spend, accurate forecasting and benefits realisation.
* Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of change to key stakeholders.
* Responsible for ensuring that the project is run in accordance with Airbus Project Management Process.
* Travel as required to meet business needs.
* Must be able to demonstrate delivery of projects in large scale public or private sector organisations.
* Demonstrable success in building relationships and key stakeholder management.
* An understanding of PMP Framework ensuring the consistent delivery of all programmes and projects.
* An experienced user of integrated systems and well developed skills using standard MS Office application: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* Experience of drafting clear and concise reports for consideration by / presentation to Management Teams.
* Experience/knowledge of Cloud technologies would be desirable.
* Experience of delivering IT-related projects would also be desirable. Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.