Project Manager - BI/Data
Project Manager - BI/Data
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Costa Express brand within Whitbread. You will deliver cloud based Business Intelligence solutions that allow Costa Express to produce corporate reporting and predictive analytics, while unlocking insight from the data we receive from over 7,500 intelligent coffee machines every day
We’re Costa, the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand, but we never set out to create just another coffee shop and we want to deliver expertly grinded, tapped and extracted coffee when that caffeine kick is needed most and in places that are convenient to our customers. Through our intelligent self serve Costa Express machines we are doing just that.
What you will be doing
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to budget, and meeting all quality targets.
- Establishing the project plan baseline, defining project scope and securing the necessary resources and plans for each phase.
- Managing risks, issues and dependencies. Identifying and removing roadblocks.
- Driving project execution and managing the change control process, conflicts and escalations.
- Monitoring the project budget and managing finances by ensuring accurate forecasts and financial system monitoring.
- Ensuring business and system releases delivered by the project are simple and easy to use.
- Engaging stakeholders and ensuring on-going project alignment with business strategy and stringent governance processes.
- Implementing a communications strategy, including areas such as problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned
- Managing 3rd party suppliers. Investigating, resolving and escalating problems. Monitoring supplier performance.
What we are looking for
- Significant experience managing multiple IT projects, including budgets over £1m.
- Good grounding in traditional Project Management governance practices.
- Experience of delivering Data & BI solutions
- Passionate about technology and able to build credibility with technology teams across a range of disciplines.
- Knowledge of Data & BI solutions and trends
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills; able to inspire and influence teams and senior execs alike.
- Advanced to expert level leadership and general management skills, including conflict resolution capabilities and outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- A good team player who works well in a fast paced environment
Whitbread Group plc
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!