SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, STANDARDS
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, STANDARDS
Salary circa £45K
Full time permanent – 35 hours week
The award-winning Association for Project Management (APM) is the Chartered body for the project profession. APM is a registered educational charity with over 23,000 individual and 600 corporate members making it the largest professional body of its kind in Europe. APM is committed to developing and promoting a professional approach to project management through our broad offering of professional membership, qualifications, publications, resources, research and events. APM’s vision is ambitious, challenging and radical. We recognise that to deliver it we need to inspire everyone to create “a world in which all projects succeed with project management as a life skill for all.”
Reporting to the Head of Professional Standards and Knowledge, the Senior Product Manager will manage the standards team to maintain as fit-for-purpose all APM professional standards and APM’s input into other international standards, together with the maintenance of the assessment infrastructure required to deliver those standards and services. The role holder will also provide and manage assessment and standards expertise in the development of new standards products and the transition of these to business as usual. The role holder will have a leading responsibility for overseeing the quality assurance of standards, developing consistency between products and the management of these, developing assessment materials, managing disparate teams of associates and developing a high performing team.
The successful individual will have experience of developing and managing professional standards, have line management experience (manage a team of 3), be able to analyse and present complex data, able to communicate and work with a wide variety of stakeholders and have experience of managing dispersed teams. They will have a knowledge and familiarity with professional body roles as well as a good understanding of assessment processes and standardisation. Other key skills include effective negotiation, well developed planning and organisation, good IT skills and relationship building.
The Association for Project Management (APM) is a membership association, professional body and charity. It was first incorporated in 1972 and obtained its Royal Charter on 1 April 2017. APM’s mission is: “Inspiring communities to deliver meaningful change for societal benefit by advancing the art, science, theory and practice of project management.” Detail on APM and its Charter can be found at apm.org.uk
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary skills and expertise to work with APM please apply with your CV below.
Please note if you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We wish you all the success in finding employment. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Main benefits at APM:
- 25 days holiday (excluding all public holidays). This increases with length of service – by one day after four years’ service, then another day every other year, to a max of 30 days per year.
- Private healthcare and dental cover is available after completion of six month probationary period. APM pays the premium for the employee. This becomes a 'benefit in kind’.
- Pension scheme offered in line with auto enrolment. APM can contribute up to 7% of your salary depending on your own contribution. Even if you don’t want to make any contributions, APM can contribute 4% of your salary. The pension scheme is available as a salary sacrifice.
- There is a sick pay scheme which pays up to 30 days full pay for sickness absence in a rolling 12 months period, payable after probationary period.
- Life assurance at four times the salary.
- Salary sacrifice schemes – childcare vouchers, bus and train season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, walking to work scheme, additional annual leave (up to 10 days), and pension scheme.
- Free parking – this is not guaranteed.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme. The discretionary bonus will take account of individual performance as well as APM’s overall financial performance.
Apply for SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, STANDARDS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly