The successful candidate will be required to work within the national Lifecycle management and delivery team, providing Project Management of building fabric projects including roofing, doors etc.. lifecycle modelling and data processing
- Permanent position
- £35,000 + car allowance £4800
- Lifecycle Management
- Project Management- Building Fabric
- Location - Manchester
- This is a desk based role carrying out life cycle Modelling, data processing and reviewing and instructing survey work to be done.
- Facilities Management background is essential
- PFI Experience is an advantage but not essential
Applicants should have experience and knowledge of the construction and property industry, as well as good knowledge of basic construction quantification principles and management of a portfolio of building fabric projects
Duties and responsibilities
- To assist in strategic national life-cycle planning, constructing and updating life-cycle models and providing support nationally to operations
- Manage a portfolio of building fabric projects including doors, roofing, walls etc...
- Be a key member of an experienced team responsible for the maintenance of detailed life-cycle models for assets across PFI contracts
- Duties will include data handling, cost calculation, value analysis and providing assistance to senior members of the team in undertaking analysis and asset-evaluations.
- Involved in bespoke contract-variation cost modelling
- Operate within the lifecycle planning team and receive all required systems training, it will liaise with multiple departments on a day-to-day basis and gain a wealth of experience to further progress their careers.
- Be expected to build and maintain wide external networks within stakeholders and related parties.
- Prepare and validate annual / whole-life Lifecycle plans
- Survey data handling
- Measurement and collection of asset data
- Lifecycle cost modelling
- Statistical cost and condition analysis
- Maintenance and development of cost databases
- Contract variation cost analysis
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven Competence and experience within Facilities Management
- Understanding and experience with Life-cycle modelling
- Good working knowledge of building fabric or have building fabric or construction background.
- Excellent Excel knowledge
- Good understanding of construction quantification and costing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to peers, senior management and external parties.
- Understanding of construction cost planning, and NPV / Time value of money.
- Experience of estimating construction and life cycle costs.
- Experience of communicating technical and commercial issues to both technical /commercial audiences
- Experience of best practice / benchmark costing and pricing methodologies.
- Excellent communicator at all levels; both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all statutory Health & Safety obligations in particular the CDM Regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- IOSH / NEBOSH