Project & Implementation Manager
To manage, lead and progress several projects to support the organisation to deliver and achieve its operational aims and business plan activities. To ensure operational processes and procedures are fit for a modern regulator and are compliant with legislation and policy initiatives. To support the organisation through change whilst ensuring it offers the best value for money and customer service.
Areas of Responsibility:
- To provide day-to-day management of allocated projects using the organisation’s project management framework adhering to PMO standards/requirements.
- To define and scope allocated projects, managing them in a controller manner in order for the project objectives are met according to agreed time, budget and quality criteria.
- Developing the business needs from stakeholders and operational teams into clear project and change documentation.,
- Identifying the impact of changes and inter-dependencies on existing systems, processes, future developments, and other projects within the wider organisation.
- Produce, update and maintain key project documentation in line with the organisation project management framework and throughout the project life cycle.
- To obtain the ‘voice of the customer’ when developing business requirements and project documentation.
- To effectively track and manage project progress against project plans, manage issues, risks, change and costs for all allocated projects and regularly report to project sponsors, boards, key stakeholders and Council (when necessary).
- To proactively manage any time or resource deviations and clearly communicate their impact.
- Present balanced and reasoned business cases when recommending a particular decision or course of action and influences others through negotiation to gain support and agreement.
- Conduct and manage User Acceptance Testing on systems-based projects, including writing testing scripts, where required.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and actively share information and knowledge across the organisation.
- To present viable solutions in order to resolve identified/future problems and clearly identifying the necessary steps to achieve them.
- Ensure that legislation is considered in the development of policy or operational changes.
- Demonstrates a commitment to achieving high standards and continuously seeking improvement.
- Minimise exposure to risks on all projects in accordance with the organisation’s risk management framework.
- To provide project advice and guidance to teams across the organisation on best practice in development and delivery of change.
- Prince 2 Practitioner (desirable) or demonstrable experience of working within a structured project environment.
- Excellent analytical, creative thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written including the ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to easily understand the business needs, confidently obtain them from stakeholders through relevant questioning.
- Must be able to transpose this information into confirmed requirements and formulate execution of tasks.
- Comfortable presenting ideas/proposals and engaging with others to refine them.
- Demonstrable ability to produce and present complex information as understandable reports and advice relevant to the various audiences.
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation.
- Ability to develop working relationships across the organisation ensuring expertise is utilised effectively and displaying strong team-working skills.
- Must be confident to prioritise work in the face of irregular demands and/or changes in business needs.
- A flexible approach to work with demonstrable ability to lead and exercise initiatives with minimal or no supervision.