Business Systems Developer
Would you like to work within our Project Management function, working closely with Project teams to provide project office services to the business? We currently have a vacancy for a Business Systems Developer at our site in Glascoed or Filton to help develop and implement new Project Management toolsets.
As a Business Systems Developer, you will be the architect and developer for the new SQL/SharePoint based Project Manager Toolset and provide analysis and reporting of all project management data through a Project Control System.
This diverse role will provide you with exposure to various functions working across the 4 main Land UK sites (Glascoed, Telford, Radway Green & Washington)
Your main responsibilities as a Business Systems Developer will involve:
- Implementing the Project Control System Software solution as the developer and architect SME
- Leading the SQL development activity
- Performing the role of SharePoint Architect
- Modelling as-is and to-be scenarios
- Change control and configuration including; project management toolset releases, schedule/budget/workload changes and provide Integrated Business Planning
- Establish, apply, and improve, Project Control procedures, methods and systems
- Providing regular updates and progress reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Establishment of budget and schedule baselines as well as monitoring of progress and expenditure of projects
- Support the monthly project reporting cycle; including monitoring and control of expenditure and provision of resource forecasts and calculation of ETC
- Updating schedule and performance progress in line with Earned Value Management system and analyse EV data
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in business analysis i.e. CBAP/BCS etc.
- Experience of working as a developer within SharePoint, SQL, and VBA
- Experience of working in a formal Project Management environment from inception through to completion
- Knowledge of a structured approach to the management of projects e.g. Prince 2, APM, BAE Systems LCM (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of applied Project Earn Value Management (EVM)
- Familiarity with and competence using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Knowledge and demonstrable practical experience of the SAP system would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
You will possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as good analytical skills with the ability to manipulate data and to identify trends and data shortages.
You will understand and be able to use and interpret all common project management tool sets, e.g. Risk register, change control, etc.
Location: Glascoed or Filton
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems Land (UK)
Supporting the Armed Forces with the most advanced vehicle and munitions products in the world is one of the most exciting career moves you could make. Join us and be part of a team that gives our customers a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, building and maintaining some of their most vital equipment - everything from battle tanks to engineer vehicles; artillery through to advanced missile systems.
We are looking for people with the passion, drive and determination to give the best they can every day, to make sure our troops get only the best. In return, we offer you a role you can be proud of, that lets you grow and develop in the UK’s leading defence company.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People