The Programme Manager will lead and co-ordinate programmes or multiple interlinked projects in the company.
The scope of these activities covers the entire lifecycle from supporting sales in new opportunities through to in service management and end of life.
An important aspect of the role is in building effective teams across the entire organisation and motivating them to use the appropriate project management tools to deliver projects to agreed targets, budgets and timescales.
You will lead the NPI development and help develop a project based culture within the company.
- Manage a complex programme or a portfolio of projects as agreed with the Head of Programme Management
- Responsible for cost, quality and delivery
- Develop and Integrate the NPI system for the company
- Create and manage cross functional teams to deliver new OEM projects
- Manage the OE project management resources in a manner that:
o Makes best use of skills, expertise and experience
o Promotes efficient working
o Develops individuals in the team.
- Manage the teams and project activities to ensure we comply with our quality system and standards
- Ensure that the NPI processes are followed, keeping deliverables on track and stakeholders updated
- Ensure that appropriate project management tools are adopted and are used to communicate project plans and progress effectively across the whole companies organisation and to the customer
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships with strategic customers
- Drive the development of an appropriate culture of professionalism and quality
- Ensure all risks and opportunities are identified, quantified and managed effectively
- Ensure ownership of project issues from project initiation through to demonstrated manufacturing capability and commercialisation
- Liaise with other Programme and Project Managers to ensure that best practices are adopted across the organisation.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) discipline or a business management subject
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project management techniques.
- Experience of successfully managing cross functional projects within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Has worked in a regulated environment, ideally automotive, with experience of TS16949 and APQP.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to summarise complex issues effectively to people at all levels in the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Determination to hit deadlines and overcome barriers
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to and organise changing priorities
- Self-motivated to drive for excellence.
- Approx. 0-20% travel (UK or overseas) dependant on customer.
Salary Benefits and Conditions of Appointment
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience - 39 hour week
- Holidays - 24 working days holiday plus statutory days
- Holiday allowance increases by one day per complete calendar year to a maximum of 29
- There is a Company pension scheme which, subject to its terms and conditions, you will be eligible to (and in some cases automatically) join
- Full details are available from the HR Department
- Death in service
- In the interests of all our employees we operate a No Smoking Policy except for in a designated area at break times only.