Morgan Hunt are proud to be working with the University of Warwick on an exclusive basis seeking a Programme Manager on a permanent basis.
Warwick is a substantial organisation, with a 290-hectare campus consisting of 240 buildings for teaching and research, over 6200 student rooms, 3 conference. The university is undergoing a major multi-million pound capital programme that includes the National Automotive Innovation Centre in partnership with Jaguar Land Rover.
- Programme Manager to be responsible for managing a programme of work consisting of multiple projects, all at different work stages. The specific work stream would be Accommodation and Conferences and Commercial Services, and they would also assume responsibility for managing the summer works programme, details below.
- Billed programme of £1 billion over next 10 years. Capital programme spend over £100 million over 4 workstreams. (Of which Programme Manager would be responsible for one workstream)
- Post holder will take responsibility for ensuring service provision is to the right standard, whilst managing a flexible team of project managers, clerk of works and building surveyor technicians
- Will be responsible for multiple projects, between 6-10 major projects of about £5mill to £40 mill
- Responsible for up to 50 - minor projects c.£50,000 - £1million
- Responsible for identifying design team, project needs, designing procurement strategies, reviewing performances.
Senior Project Manager x 0-3
Project Manager/Surveyor x 0-2
Building Surveyor Technician x 0-4
Project Engineer 0-2
Clerk of Works x1-4
- A construction related first degree or equivalent professional qualification in Surveying, Architecture, Engineering or Project Management.
- Extensive post qualification experience of managing projects and/or portfolios of projects preferably in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities to enable to delivery of challenging project in a timely efficient manner, with a proven track record of leading multiple projects with a team of varying skillsets
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to explain/present complex information. Develop internal and external relations, motivate, develop and encourage performance in others and the ability to negotiate and persuade at a high level.
- Post holders are expected to have a high degree of competency in:
- The use of construction contracts and their administration
- Construction procurement and project management
- Construction technology, building design and specification (including National Building Specification (NBS))
- Construction legislation, as client and designer
- Construction Health and Safety, as client and designer
- Cost management, value management and value engineering
To apply and/or for further information on the position contact George Hutcherson - or .
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.