Development Project Manager
Castlefield Recruitment are working with a well established housing association in the Cheshire area to recruit a Development Project Manager for an interim period of 3 - 6 months.
The Development Project Manager role:
- To assist the Development Manager in the effective delivery of the Asset and Growth Strategy.
- To work on your own initiative and be directly responsible for the project management of individual development schemes from inception, design, construction and completion.
- Ensuring effective contract management and financial control, to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- To assist in identifying new business opportunities and acquiring land.
- Ensure value for money is achieved within the delivery of all new developments and everyday operations.
- Work effectively with key internal colleagues and external partners and stake holders to ensure they contribute to enabling to deliver all of its Asset and Growth objectives.
- To effectively manage, motivate and continually develop direct reports.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of two years experience working within a housing association or other appropriate discipline
- Experience of working within Homes and Communities Agency and/or other funding authority procedures
- Familiar with asset remodelling and regeneration activities
- Experience and ability to asses and critically challenge conflicting information and recommendations provided by professional consultants
- Ability and experience of identifying risk and the management of those risks
- Experience and ability to financially assess and make accurate and reasoned decisions based on all the available information
- Experience and ability to write and present detailed board reports, with your recommendations, to achieve scheme approval
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects (ranging from 1 unit to 150units) to successful conclusion
- Ability and experience to manage a team of external professional consultants