Events & Project Coordinator (Intern / Work experience)
MiH Media is a recent, fast growing startup company based in Central London. Described as a young and vibrant media marketing and content creation company. We design and execute high impact promotion & marketing campaigns for a varied client base within the U.K events & lifestyle industry. One day it could be a penthouse show case party for a client company, the next a bridal runway fashion show or a styled shoot in one of London's prestigious venues for a content marketing campaign.
We are looking for a select set of individuals to help further build our growing companies’ brand and reach. You will be able to take chances, make calculated moves & innovate on our promotional campaigns, with the best of your ideas and input being incorporated into what we do. . You will be working as part of our central London based team with the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, in events management, project management and online / offline marketing.
This is a work experience role mostly suited to university student or recent graduate wishing to gain valuable first class experience in business management plus events and project Management and how it applies to different business areas. This is not a paid role, however there is a Travel and expenses allowance PLUS a cash bonus at the end for successful completion of the full agreed work experience period and meeting all set objectives.
Work experience will last between 4 to 6 month, which may lead on to an ongoing paid role with flexible hours within the business.
*Working from our busy shared open-plan studio office in central London near Liverpool Street & Moorgate.
*Some previous experience / area of study is preferred in either events industry or /and projects management.
*Working off own imitative and alongside senior event manager and business manager to coordinate & administer UK and overseas events projects and promotional showcases.
*Part time, three evenings a week and some weekend event work.
*Travel and off site meeting attendance required (expenses will be covered).
KNOW THE ROLE & WHAT WE OFFER:
You will have a keen interest in project management as well as event management and know the subtle differences between the two. In this unique role, you will have the thirst to learn, experience first-hand and gain skills in all the different elements of events and projects that are needed to create an effective. effectual experiences that exceed client and user expectations.
You will support and help deliver end to end on projects & events from concept, production, delivery and close out , as well as ongoing day to day business administration. This multifaceted role touches all areas of the business; including R&D, marketing and PR just to name a few. You will support and deliver end to end on projects & events from concept, production to delivery and close out.
You will get the opportunity to work with teams across the business whilst liaising with other brands and companies to keep everyone up to speed on projects, events and shows, negotiating with suppliers, venues, vendors, sponsors and the select areas of the press / media / infulencers. to get the best outcomes, whilst keeping a close eye on time lines, deadlines and most importantly the budget at every step of the way. This is a very exciting role, which comes with flexibility to fit around the right individual.
KNOW WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
In a role that’s as varied as it is rewarding, some events or / and marketing knowledge is preferred but not necessary, along with a clear interest in our new & steadily growing Brand. You will be an excellent communicator with confidence working in a fast pace environment, with the ability to think on your feet. The ideal candidate will be a determined team player, work well under pressure and be confident working with budgets and tight deadlines. You will be a good relationship builder, with a personable manner and your planning and organisational skills will be impeccable. You will also be proficient in using whole range of Microsoft Office with the ability to multi-task.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Assisting with client showcases / catwalk / runway shows / events / exhibitions etc
* Attending, researching & networking at events and industry affairs
* Assist with model / vendor / venue search & selection process
* Telephone answering and outbound calls to clients and prospects - excellent telephone manner.
* Email monitoring and responding and ensuring the inobx is kept up to date .
*Excellent communication skills being able to converse and liaise with people at all levels written and verbal
*Methodical, practical and extremely well organized approach to admin and filing.
*Understanding of basic project management principles to be able to meet deadlines and schedules.
* Be able to remain calm and professional in all situations when facing client and customers
* Negotiating, contracting and co-ordination with event suppliers and partner companies
* Careful and precise budget and cost management via excel.
* Research and collation of information to prepare detailed Powerpoint proposals.
* Social media input and administration.
* Assist in the creation of sales mailers and weekly newsletters.
* Event & Projected based travel - UK based.
* Client meeting attendance with project & event managers.
* Ongoing day-to-day business administration and office duties.
Qualifications and Skills
* Competent in English & Math to college grade / level or higher
* Understanding of online marketing media management across all platforms preferred.
* Understanding basic elements of project and events management preferred.
* Able to travel to central London for team meetings
* Microsoft WORD / POWER POINT skills including creative design.
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL to manage budgets and costs.
KNOW MiH MEDIA
As a recent start up, we have already started making our mark, working with various business and venues, big and small throughout the U,K. We are young at heart but our founders have over 35 years’ combined experience in the services, projects and events management industry. With a growing list of industry partners and contacts, we are looking for suitable individuals who can join the team, learn, grown with us and use the front row and behind the scenes opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge that can be used as a vital stepping-stone in their career journey.
This is not a paid role but there will be various opportunities to remain and develop with MiH MEDIA within paid roles / or one-off assignments in the business as and when they become available.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team.