M&E Project Manager
Who you'll be working for:
With more than 100 years of industry experience, our client is one of the world's leading project development and Construction Companies, with its UK division at the forefront of the UK Construction market. With a track record of successful delivery of major landmark projects, such as the Gherkin and Ten Trinity Square our client is green, innovative & progressive with an enviable list of repeat clients and long-established business relationships.
Some of your responsibilities:
The project is highly specified research development with main plant areas, laboratories, specialist offices and communal areas.
The project runs until at least May 2019, the candidate will be responsible for the section of works allocated to him by the Operations Manager and produce regular section reports managing the progress and technical resolution of field issues, managing of benchmark installations and the final testing and completion of these works.
* Familiarise and understand the contract programme and the mode and method strategy
* Represent the company at meetings, promote the correct company image and ensure staff are aware of their responsibilities in this area.
* Assist in the management of design consultants to ensure information is provide to suit the procurement strategy and that the production of working drawings is completed within given timeframes
* Add value to the design process by challenging solutions, methods and techniques where appropriate to improve buildability and reduce whole life costs.
* Review elements of CDM to ensure that construction works can be maintained safely after construction has been completed.
* Manage the trade contractors including the production of working drawings, procurement and prefabrication and performance on site.
* Leading and programming of the works.
* Minimise the cost wherever possible
* Manage/ monitor and ensure the performance of all subcontractors.
* Organise and manage the material procurement and sub-contractor purchases.
* Prepare, monitor and control, technical submissions, procurement schedules, etc.
* Manage the Mechanical water hygiene plan
You must have:
* Experience working on similar type project that this application refers is fundamental with Laboratory/Pharma experience highly desirable.
* Excellent working knowledge of materials, specifications and industry working practices
* Background base with a main/services contractor.
* PM experience on large complex structures would be beneficial.
* A Mechanical/Electrical background with Building Services experience is essential as is a proven track record of project delivery within this environment.
* Joint venture project culture exposure/experience