Corporate Governance and Compliance – Senior Consultant - Management Consultancy
5 days left
- Full Time
An opportunity has arisen to work with committed, professional, talented and empowering colleagues, who are passionate about development and ethical working around the world. In order to strengthen our operation in the Redhill office support the success of our projects around the world, our - Corporate Governance and Compliance function requires a Senior Consultant.
The role will involve the review and improvement of our compliance processes and the establishment of new procedures to ensure compliance. The role will require working closely with internal management teams to drive change and improvement, whilst maintaining our company follows regulatory and legal frameworks. Integral to this role is the general operation of IMC’s Compliance Programme and related reporting to IMC’s Senior Management.
More specifically, the Consultant will work with others in the company to develop, maintain and monitor our management systems/ISO accreditations (for example Quality, Health and Safety, Environment and Anti-Bribery) and relevant regulatory and legal requirements (for example, our Modern Slavery Act obligations).
The successful candidate will also work with teams across the business to maintain the Compliance Programme (both via direct support to client projects, changes to internal systems and capacity building amongst our staff).
Policies and procedures
• Assist in the development, maintenance, and revision of policies and procedures for the general operation of our Compliance Programme and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the Compliance Programme
• Develop and periodically review and update procedures documents to ensure continuing relevance in providing guidance to management and employees
Risk management and mitigation
• Take forward specific allocated work to help identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
• Take forward specific allocated work to assist in the development and implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
Capacity Building and Change Management
• Work with the Business Improvement Leader, Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program
• Assist with the implementation of internal change processes with the Business Improvement Leader
• Assist with the implementation of activities aimed at improving our management systems
Reporting and communication
• Contribute to reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
• Support specific work to ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations
Continuous Improvement and Audit
• Support the efforts to monitor the performance of the Compliance Programme and related activities on a continuing basis, recommending appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
• Assist in representing IMC at external audits or deputise for the Business Improvement Leader during such audits
Compliance issues and investigation
• Collaborate with other units in IMC (e.g. Human Resources, Project Management Unit, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
• Assist with the response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Assist with maintaining a system for uniform handling of such violations
• Assist with ensuring that compliance issues/ concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
The post holder will work closely with the Business Improvement Leader (direct line management) but essential to the role is interaction and collaborative working with others across the different areas of business operations.
This is an exciting role in which the post holder will be working with senior management, technical teams and our operational teams such as Human Resourcing, Administration, International Resourcing and our Project Management Unit.
We are looking for a candidate who, with support from others in the business, will grow within the role taking on more responsibility over time, as IMC grows.
The working environment is informal, creative and collaborative, but we are uncompromising on the quality of work we deliver to clients. We are passionate about development and inclusion and making a positive difference.
Due to the nature of our work, all IMC contracts require job holders to be able to travel overseas to our overseas projects and operations when required.
Skills and experience:
- Degree qualification essential
- Master’s level education desirable
- Experience of In-house Business Ethics, Corporate Compliance, Corporate Governance and/or Legal experience
- Experience designing, building and operating formal in-house ethics and compliance programmes
- Experience of working with others to develop capacity in order to strengthen and enhance compliance within an organisation
- Knowledge of international aid/development sector funded projects, DFID, USAID etc desirable
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
We regret that due to the anticipated volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.