Morson are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based in Gosport on a 12 month contract.
Our client requires a Project Manager to lead the development of proposals in support of the UK Chinook Helicopter Portfolio.
This Project Manager role is required to define, initiate, lead and manage aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Modification proposals within the client's portfolio of Chinook helicopter programmes across our south of England sites at Odiham, Gosport, Yeovil and Boscombe Down.
The ideal candidate will already be familiar with a wide range of specialized process tools, and materials, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and client or industry recognised systems to manage risks, issues & opportunities, contracts, change processing and estimating.
- Lead proposal development in support of additional work scope and manage pre-award performance to budget.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards).
- Identify key stakeholder project specific objectives and requirements including Customer and Supplier dependencies. Develop solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
- Facilitate or lead others in facilitating negotiations involving major project parameters such as deliverable definition and performance objectives (e.g., cost, schedule, quality).
- Develop project plans and define deliverables that meet identified requirements, and Customer expectations.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and opportunities.
- Manage all assigned resources including people, facilities, budgets and schedules to meet performance requirements and commitments.
- Report project status and performance metrics to program leadership team and Customer.
- Work with the Customer to proactively identify additional opportunities, and ways to improve levels of service.
- Ensure project team member responsibilities, accountability and authority are clearly documented and understood. Ensure assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and provide appropriate tracking and reporting per plan. Provide input of team member performance to management, where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain communications and relationships with project and functional organisation including senior staff and line management and with Customer counterparts.
- Implement and hold project team responsible for a Go4Zero safety culture.
- Promote a 'Help Needed' culture where appropriately requesting help is encouraged and those providing help are held accountable. Apply industry standards and any available data source for best practices, lessons learned, historical and forecast data to perform trend, earned value and variance analyses to create a baseline project plan.
- Project Management - thorough knowledge and proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with Defence Industry project management standards.
- Leadership - complete ability to lead and direct the activities and resources within and across
- Communication - excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to listen, assimilate, evaluate and summarise. Sound ability to communicate with the customer at all levels.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work within and remain compliant with clients Commercial process.
- Project Lifecycle knowledge - sound knowledge of the Project Lifecycle from requirements definition, proposal preparation and negotiation and project implementation through to completion.