Corrie Recruitment are looking for a Project Manager for a permanent position on behalf of our client who are a civil engineering contractor.
What are we looking for?
You will be based in the Aberdeen area, working on Build Only, Design Build and Design Build Operate contracts all over the Aberdeen area, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and effective Project Manager. We would require at least 10 years Project Management experience. We would require the candidate to oversee contracts from pre-commencement through to operational handover, ensuring that work is completed to project requirements on time and within its budget. We would require the successful candidate to play a key role in managing contracts to a successful delivery.
High levels of motivation and resilience, together with strong technical and organisational skills are essential for this role. The candidate will have a proven track record as a project manager, coupled with a strong commercial acumen and design knowledge. They will demonstrate integrity, a hard working ethic and be target focused, whilst embracing the challenges and changes within the Industry.
•To manage and oversee all aspects of Build, Design Build and Design Build Operate contracts for public and private clients, the role includes a wide range of works to develop and maintain the groups standing as a main contractor in the water and wastewater sector in Ireland.
• This role will include the following:
• Management of a project team including design staff, project engineers and support staff across multiple projects.
• Support the senior management in the delivery of contracts objectives to the Group and client goals and objectives.
• Responsibility for project management, project control, engineering management, and construction.
• Management and liaison with internal and external design teams in a multi-disciplinary environment, providing commercial and technical guidance. (civil, process, mechanical, electrical, ICA, H&S & BIM)
• Effectively maintain and develop healthy client and stakeholder relationships throughout the project from commencement to project close-out,
• Support a team environment that supports the group’s core values.
• Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues,
• In-depth programme planning and scheduling of project deliverables and the development of resource loaded schedules for design and contract administration services.
• Drive and ensure consistent implementation of health, safety, quality and environmental procedures to the group and client defined standards across all contracts. (PSDP and PSCS)
• Prepare accurate and timely preparation of on-going status reports to our clients and the Group Management.
• Consistently deliver on each project to achieve our clients objectives for project financial performance and all aspects of overall project delivery (quality control, risk management, and profitability)
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 10+ years water and wastewater industry contracting experience including site supervision and design.
• Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater design and operational processes
• Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works)
• Successful track record in the delivery of multiple infrastructure contracts
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Ability to manage all aspects of design, build and operate contracts
• Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
• Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications
• Preferably a Chartered Engineer but not a necessity
• Estimating experience
• Competent in use of Microsoft Project programming software.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Water and Wastewater Project Manager or highly experienced Project Engineer looking for the next step in their career.