A local 1st tier automotive company now require a Project Manager to join their team.
Project Manager - Job Purpose
Plan and coordinate allocated EU (engine) projects within the company using the APQP format and Gateway control system.
Project Manager - Main Duties:
- Lead designated internal APQP meetings + Ensure Project Gateways are reviewed and signed off to plan
- Maintain effective communication with Sister sites and Headquarters
- Monitor project progress against time-plans and identify risks
- Allocate project tasks internally, confirm availability of resource and monitor to completion
- PFMEA team member
- Conduct designated customer APQP reviews at the site
- Supplier RFQ - Support Procurement Dept. in gathering required internal information for RFQ document
- Visit customers as required
- Understand customer requirements regarding key program dates, volume requirements and documentation/procedures and effectively communicate these internally within the company
- Process visit reports and minutes
- Customer RFQ response- Support Sales, Procurement and Costing functions in gathering necessary data and preparation of costing
- Achieve personal Goals and Objectives and support Company Goals and Objectives
- Ensure that all Company policies, procedures and standards are adhered to
- Ensure Health & Safety legislations are adhered to
- Project manage APR, VA/VE and improvement activities and follow through to maximize profit for the company
- Verify engine volume requirements for medium and long-term forecasting and future production capacity
- Support procurement activities as required by the Project Manager
Project Manager - Requirements
- Experience and understanding of Automotive APQP process requirements and documentation.
- Engineering background with ability to understand simple engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience of dealing with clients and managing their expectations (including internal clients).
- Experience of following structures and procedures.
Project Manager - Advantageous
- Knowledge / Experience in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: Plastic Injection Moulding - Metal Pressing (Fine Blanking) - Aluminium Diecasting - Sintering, Precision machining, Casting, Assembly equipment.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.