Associate Project Manager
The role is a unique opportunity for an Associate Project Manager to join a growing engineering company responsible for delivering new, sustainable solutions for industrial process heat. In this role the successful candidate will ensure projects are delivered in full, on time, to budget and safely, meeting overall strategic objectives.
Develop and execute projects (typically from £250k - £1.5M), including all aspects from proposal to final delivery and commissioning of packaged indirect heating plants.
Due to the nature and technical requirements of the projects, candidates with a background in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering or with experience in delivery of process equipment packages are of particular interest.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organise, coordinate and implement project controls in accordance with policies and procedures approved by the company
- Day to day contact and communication with clients, focusing on understanding client needs and delivery of projects to ensure satisfaction
- Development of project proposals in collaboration with senior management
- Coordination and management of supplier selection, procurement, quality and test plans
- Coordination and participation in HAZOP, HAZID, FMEA and SIL studies
- Planning management and co-ordination (internal & external) of engineering and fabrication disciplines for project execution
- Initiating regular scheduled technical interface coordination meetings with appropriate participants to discuss resolution to technical or commercial challenges
- Management of project controls including identification and control of project risks
- Establishing on-going project coordination meetings / callsm including development and management of meeting notes and project actions with assigned ownership and due dates
- Maintaining and compiling project documentation including engineering documents and client data dossiers
Key Qualifications, Skills and Characteristics
- The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent plus c. 7 years practical industry experience, preferably in the energy sector
- Able to demonstrate at least 2 years Project Management experience
- Competence in project engineering including development of proposals, tendering, sub-contractor co-ordination and cost/financial management
- Proven track record of project delivery on time, within budget to proper SHQE standards
- Experience in technical consultancy is beneficial
ProHeat is committed to investing in talented employees who have ambition to contribute to the success and growth of the business. Compensation will include:
- A competitive salary of £40-£50k depending on previous experience
- Investment in on-going training
- Participation in the company pension scheme
To apply for this position a cover letter is required . In your application, tell us how joining ProHeat would help develop your career. Please also feel free to tell us about your other interests.
ProHeat System is a British design and professional engineering consultancy specialising in energy conservation for process heat. The company’s flagship product is the Immersion Tube Thermosyphon Heater (ITTH), a modern, efficient and responsive Indirect Heater technology used to maintain safe gas temperatures on distribution networks, at power stations and in LNG facilities. Recognised with awards from both the UK Energy Innovation Centre and the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET), ProHeat is supporting ambitious carbon reduction targets for infrastructure operators.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year
- relevant oil and gas or energy industry: 7 years
- Project Management: 2 years
- Fluency in English