Infrastructure Project Manager
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way.
Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lens. This results in us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don't all think the same - this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further.
IT at Hiscox operates as a strategic business partner as opposed to a more traditional support function. The division, made up of 220 IT experts and specialists, is central to the Hiscox strategy, driving the agenda in each Business Unit. We are made up of people who push the organization to think differently and therefore look to attract / recruit people who aren't afraid to challenge how things are done and approach their work with a pioneering mindset. IT is not a home for the faint hearted. We are trusted for our track record of delivery and respected for our commercial thinking and have earned our place at the table.
This role is part of the IT Services Project Management team made up of 5 Project Managers, who work closely with the various business areas and the IT department to deliver IT Infrastructure change in order to achieve tangible business benefits.
The main focus of this role will be to manage a number of key Infrastructure change projects working closely with the team to ensure timely delivery. Typical projects you could be assigned may include upgrading core infrastructure throughout Hiscox, implementing new technology solutions, or assisting Applications Project Managers to deliver the infrastructure components of their projects.
- Manage multiple Infrastructure projects in line with Hiscox 3D project methodology in order to achieve infrastructure technology improvements and realise business benefits
- Produce project plans, budgets, risk and issue logs, change logs and highlight reports
- Manage, monitor and motivate project team members and suppliers, to ensure quality deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Regular and accurate financial tracking
- Management of resources required including conflict resolution
- Proactive management of risk
- Manage distributed teams and stakeholders who are not located in the same geographical area
- Build strong productive relationships within the business, IT and external third parties, in order to deliver effective solutions
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years' experience of Infrastructure project management whilst directly managing technical teams
- Have experience of managing multiple concurrent projects of differing scale and scope
- Have practical experience of planning and resource scheduling within the project process
- Be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
- Have the intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with Hiscox business personnel and management
- Be creative, proactive, logical and innovative and will not just accept the status quo
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will be able to adapt their style to their audience, providing detail or a high level view depending on the situation
- Possess strong relationship management and influencing skills. They will have demonstrable experience of working effectively with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Have personal drive, energy and commitment
- Demonstrate where they have strived for continuous improvement and personal growth
- Ideally be educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Must speak fluent English
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Hiscox offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.