Senior Automation Project Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Reference : SAPM2017
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Automation Project Manager to join our automation engineering team. This role is accountable for delivering Automation projects, managed using cross-functional technical teams to deliver products , system & process functions, performance and cost objectives to requirements, on time and to budget. Enhancing the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) offering, enabling Ocado to retain UK sector lead and to grow nationally and internationally through the delivery of new Automation Solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
Working with a number of teams including Development, Technology & Engineering, Finance and the Executive Board, you will be accountable for:
- Matrix management of appropriate internal resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery in both Software and Hardware development teams
- Management and delivery of projects against a stage gated development program, defining business requirements, success milestones and manage development programs within budget, quality and to time
- Risk management – identifying opportunities to accelerate development or reduce risk through the active application of risk management strategies
- Communication Skills – appropriate commissioning of data capture followed by analysis and presentation of results to inform the stage gate decision process
- Stakeholder management through clear and regular communication of development cycle progress, risk , risk mitigation and roadmap
- Health and Safety & Regulatory Compliance – Ensuring all projects meet appropriate legislation both in Europe and internationally
- Adding value to the development process, support and challenging colleagues to produce new, innovative solutions to achieve demanding business goals
- Transfer to manufacture – where appropriate ensuring products are suitable for transfer to manufacture and supporting the transfer
- Proven self starter with the ability to influence, motivate and support teams to achieve challenging timelines and technical targets
- Be able to represent the requirements of the business and articulate to stakeholders across the business from Board level to developers
- Proven track record of delivery of projects from a varied background including automation equipment, production machines, complex systems, product or robotic developments from ‘blank sheet of paper’ into a production environment or to market.
- Experience in managing large automation projects and/or a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex multidiscipline projects or products
- Experience of managing internal/external suppliers and contractors to deliver automation projects or products
- Able to act as the project business leader
The main place of work is currently at sites throughout Hertfordshire, but there may be a requirement to work on the development of projects at other UK and international locations.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Engineering degree or equivalent on the job experience from a multi-discipline team of engineers from Systems/Electrical/Mechanical or Software Engineering background
- Fast paced and volume production experience of electro-mechanical products will be an advantage
- Understanding of software and hardware (Electrical and Mechanical) development processes
- Provide technical oversight and direction on multi-disciplinary projects
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.