Graduate Programme Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
The Graduate Programme Manager is a key member of the overall junior Early Careers strategy and is the constant throughout the lifecycle of the Graduate Programme.
The role holder will interact with people across all levels of the Firm, providing guidance and strategic input to the overall talent agenda in the dedicated business line.
The Graduate Programme Manager will nurture, train and work to retain the junior talent throughout the graduate programme, and equip the Graduates with the skills to continue their personal development journeys beyond the defined timeframe of the graduate programme. This involves regular interaction with the graduates, constant review and evolution of both the graduate programme and training content; ensuring that the programme is fit for purpose and in line with the evolving business strategy.
- Continual review of graduate programme ensuring in line with strategy and fit for purpose
- Dedicated and consistent point of contact (Career Coach) for all graduates on Graduate Programme: structured and frequent contact (preferably in person) via Performance Management cycle and ‘programme’ interventions (e.g. teach-ins, lunch and learn sessions etc)
- Partnership with global Graduate Development and Campus Recruitment colleagues, ensuring one united front and consistent, global view is presented to the business at all times
- Responsible for curriculum design in conjunction with the business and learning colleagues: design and delivery of bespoke learning pathways for each business line
- Management of third party vendors and relationships: annual review of relationship, service provided, charging models (driving cost efficiencies)
- Budget management: full ownership of budget and ability to provide updates and reporting as requested by Senior Management (processing of invoicing to be managed by team co-ordinator)
- Management Information (MI): accountable for full management of MI and associated reporting as requested by Senior Management and the business, plus production of regular reporting to share with Stakeholders
Composition of role
- 40% career coaching: bi- monthly 1:1 meeting with graduates
- 20% meeting with clients / internal stakeholders: business sponsors and HRBPs
- 20% maintenance of Management Information
- 10% external vendor management
- 10%: projects
- Demonstrated experience of Stakeholder Management across all levels of the organisation (inclusive of Senior Management)
- Previous experience as a HR Generalist, L&D or Resourcing ideal
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and focus during adversity and ambiguity
- Solutions-focused, committed to delivery world class service to the business, colleagues and graduates
- Motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic, strong team player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential (Word, PowerPoint, ExCel
- Previous graduate development experience preferred and Campus Recruitment, HRBP experience would be a strong advantage
- Previous experience of managing large scale, rotational graduate programmes advantageous in a complex, multi-national organisation (Financial Services experience not essential)
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law