Graduate Project Manager
This exciting role will provide the opportunity to train, learn and develop into a Project Manager working within FNZ.
The Project Manager is responsible for the end to end management of projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements. This will involve leadership of a distributed project team in multiple locations, and the proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
This may involve the delivery of a single large scale project or multiple smaller projects. This is a client facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a senior level.
- Manage the delivery of the project through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Ensure the project delivers in-line with the FNZ SDLC and PLC.
- Develop and maintain an end to end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Take accountability for working with all FNZ Directorates/areas to agree scope, timelines and artefacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
- Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Lead Business Analyst, the Build Manager, and the Test Manager, estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting to the PMO, Head of Delivery and Account Director as required
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues, and take ownership for ensuring these mitigation plans are executed, or escalate to the Account Director or Head of Delivery as is appropriate.
- Ensure project changes are managed in line with the FNZ SDLC and PLC, and all commercial changes to the project are agreed with the Account Director.
- Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately and contracts are in place and managed to ensure the required outcomes for FNZ.
- Ensure all operational readiness activities are undertaken in line with the FNZ SDLC and PLC, and that appropriate training and handover takes place ahead of implementation.
- Ensure the project conducts a post implementation review and that lessons learned are captured and shared with the rest of the PM community
- Lead, manage and motivate a virtual team in multiple geographic locations, communicating project progress, and ensuring all team members take accountability for delivery.
- Provide coaching, advice and support performance management with line manager’s where necessary.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
- Be an active member of the PM community, contributing to team sessions and central improvement initiatives, and sharing best practice and lessons learned.
- 1st Class Honours Bachelors / Masters Degree.
- Hard working, abmbitious and resilient individual is essential.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Good communication skills and capable of working with customers and internal staff.
FNZ is the market leading provider of technology and administration services to major financial institutions in the platform and wealth management sectors across the globe. We partner with life companies, banks, asset managers and discretionary wealth managers to enable them to develop and distribute financial products and services to their customers across all major distribution channels.
FNZ has a strong blue-chip customer base including Standard Life, Axa Wealth, , HSBC, AMP, National Australia Bank, Bank of New Zealand, Friends Life, UBS, Zurich Financial and Close Brothers Asset Management. It has helped these customers grow to over £100 billion of platform assets in aggregate. FNZ now employs over 1000 people with offices in Edinburgh, London, Bristol, Brno (Czech Republic), Wellington, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
- Be part of a highly successful, rapidly growing, global business that is leading the delivery of financial services via cloud computing and partners with some of the world’s largest companies;
- Remuneration and career advancement is based on individual contribution and business impact rather than tenure or seniority;
- We provide significant financial rewards for high performing individuals; and
- We provide global career opportunities for our best employees at any of our offices in the UK, Czech Republic, Australia or New Zealand.