Project Manager - Property Services
Property Services Project Manager
Do you thrive on change and have a pioneering mindset? Do you strive for continuous improvement and aren't afraid to think 'outside the box' and share those ideas? Here at Hiscox we are made up of people who push the organization to think differently and therefore look to attract / recruit people who aren't afraid to challenge how things are done. We are trusted for our track record of delivery and respected for our commercial thinking and my Property Services team pride ourselves on that reputation as trusted partners. To do what you say you are going to do, when you said you would is immensely important to us and it should be to you too.
Hiscox Property Services at Hiscox operate across all Hiscox business as support function providing professional expertise in real estate and project management. The division, made up of a core property team based from the UK operate with local resources and specialists in support. The portfolio extends to 35 offices in13 countries.
This role is part of the Property Projects Team operating from the UK and internationally. We work closely with colleagues and contractors to support various business and project stakeholders to achieve tangible business benefits.
The main focus of this role will be to deliver property projects ensuring timely delivery and appropriate budget controls in-line with Hiscox project governance approach. Typical projects you could be assigned may include office moves, refurbishments or expansions in our offices in the UK and internationally.
- Manage multiple property projects in line with Hiscox 3D project methodology (based on Prince 2) delivering a quality working environment for Hiscox staff and operations.
- Work closely with stakeholders within the business, as customers, the project delivery team and with any third parties projects may demand. Ensure that projects are executed in line with Hiscox property and IT standards.
- Where required prepare business case analysis to assess merits of available options for informed business decisions.
- Manage projects coordinating project governance, legal activities where required, design, procurement and delivery of any construction or churn.
- Liaise with the appropriate resources to ensure delivery, installation of the workspace are compliant, on time and within agreed budgets.
- Work with Property Services and IT Infrastructure to further develop project standards and methodology for office construction and moves.
- Produce project plans, budgets, risk and issue logs, change logs and highlight reports
- Manage, monitor and motivate project team members and third parties, to ensure quality deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Ensure statutory compliance in project delivery including compliance with the CDM Regulations and/or any local legal requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of Project Management within property and facilities. You should be able to demonstrate leadership in such projects.
- Prince 2 methodology knowledge and experience.
- Have experience of managing multiple concurrent projects of differing scale and scope (typically 3-5 projects at any one time)
- Hold a NEBOSH or IOSH accredited qualification in H&S.
- Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) or Royal Institute of chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Experience in writing works specifications and carrying out competitive tendering exercises.
- Be creative, proactive, logical and innovative and will not just accept the status quo
- Possess strong relationship management and influencing skills. They will have demonstrable experience of working effectively with people at all levels within and external to the business