Balfour Beatty Living Places provides highways maintenance, street lighting and public realm services to local authorities, helping to create places where people want to live, work and play.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our Living Places business unit to work in Herefordshire.
You would be accountable for the end to end delivery of revenue related operations including highways maintenance, grounds maintenance and drainage operations. Responsible for building effective relationships with Herefordshire Council clients whist ensuring that budgets, resources & strategies are in place to ensure long term profitability and expansion of the contract.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Operations Manager, you will:
- Ensuring an Annual Programme is created and managed to represent all client expenditure and work schedule for the year
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company procedures across all the functions with a focus on environmental, health and safety
- Manage the area’s financial and business performance to meet budget / agreed targets providing contribution into the month end process
- Understand, anticipate and deliver client requirements in terms of budget allocation, Annual Plan development and providing value for money
- Maintain a framework for performance management, succession planning and the development of people within the team
- Support and implement a culture of customer centricity
What we’re looking for:
You will have:
- Appropriate industry experience and technical qualification degree or similar
- Technical experience within a related sector
- Strong line management experience
- Experience of service delivery and improvement
- Experience of implementing environmental, health & safety policy
- Highly motivated to deliver customer satisfaction