Cyber Security Project Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
About The Opportunity
The Vodafone Group cyber defence unit is a true end-to-end function, differing from most other cyber defence capability in MNC’s, which tend to have monitoring and operations alone. Vodafone Group’s capability includes prevent, detect and respond, so covers the full spectrum of the cyber security arsenal.
What You Will Do
As one of the Cyber Security Project Managers you will be a key member of the team responsible for leading the definition and delivery of large scale transformational projects typically spanning across people, process & technology change, to uplift the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the GCD function.
You will have full accountability for leading the projects they are responsible for, and for managing performance against defined delivery milestones, finances and benefit KPIs. Also responsible for driving continuous improvement culture across their projects to fully optimise resource utilisation and benefit outcomes.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Project Definition & Mobilisation – responsible for working with key stakeholders to ensure business requirements are thoroughly captured, project resources secured (typically via business case, followed by negotiation with resource pool owners) & then effectively mobilised.
- Project planning & governance – responsible for building and maintaining best practice project documentation, governance and reporting arrangements as required by the Vodafone project gating process throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Project Delivery – ensuring that key project deliverables are implemented to time, cost and quality.
- Benefit Management – responsible for the proactive management & enablement of project benefits (per business case, but typically focussed on risk reduction and operational effectiveness/efficiency) and ensuring that robust arrangements are established to maintain these benefits ‘in-life’ (i.e. post project closure).
- Handover to ‘business as usual’ – responsible for proactively planning and executing the smooth handover of projects at the end of their delivery phase to the in-life business as usual team(s)
- Budget Management – responsible for rigorous financial tracking of project finances (typically 2-5m € /annum / project) and associated benefits. Reporting the project’s financial status and forecast on a regular basis to the team principle, key stakeholders and also the GTS Project Management Office (PMO).
- Post Implementation Review (PIR) and Continuous Improvement - Ensuring that effective PIR(s) take place at the end of the project prior to closure (&/or at least annually for multi-year projects) and working with the GTS PMO function to share learnings with peers. Also ensure that an active culture of continuous improvement is applied to project activities at all times.
You will have a strong track record of leading large scale and complex change delivery projects, and successfully embedding 1st, 2nd and 3rd order change benefits in a large IT/Security environment, with excellent project leadership, influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Proven ability to apply relationship management skills and be able to build and own key stakeholder relationships (at both senior management and operational team level).
- Ability to translate business objectives & requirements into a coherent delivery plan.
- Good knowledge of other relevant subjects or disciplines, e.g. 6 Sigma, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Behavioural change psychology.
- Experience dealing with external suppliers, running ITT exercises and supplier negotiations.
- Active membership of academic body associated with the discipline of project and programme management (in the UK this will typically be the APM (Association of Project Management)
- Current holder and practitioner of ‘APMP’ &/or ‘Prince2’ project management certifications.
- Experienced user of ‘AIM’ (Accelerated Implementation Methodology), ‘Change 1st ‘ or equivalent change methodology.
- The role holder must either hold or be prepared to undergo a UK security clearance
About Vodafone Group
We empower our consumer and enterprise customers to be confidently and securely connected. Our unique capabilities create the best voice and data to our customers and continue our advancement in the Internet of Things (IOT), BIG Data, Cybersecurity, Cloud & Hosting, TV and Video. We’re heading to an exciting future – fancy being part of our Vodafone Gigabit growth?
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you be the best you can be, with dedicated support and mentoring, plenty of opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
As well as a generous basic salary, annual company bonus, you also have 28 day’s holiday, company pension scheme, Life Insurance, product discounts and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Do you want to Learn more?
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click now to apply .