Head of Project Management
- Full Time
About Econsultancy Our name is a bit of a curveball. It’s easy for people to assume we’re just another consulting house. In fact we’re much more than that, and in everything we do there are always two things that drive us: our content and our community. Our award-winning content and thought leadership is what makes our blog, events, training and consultancy highly sought after. Our community means that we can always find the right expert for any challenge…and crowdsource the answers when we don’t. Simply put, we love empowering millions of Marketers to achieve excellence in everything they do. Our customers come to us to build their knowledge, their teams’ capabilities, validate decisions and benchmark their activity. They know they can trust us to provide independent advice. Without mincing our words. Key responsibilities To ensure the smooth running of the business through a solutions-focused approach to project delivery in an award-winning & fast growing business. You will be the lead for the Econsultancy Project Management team of up to five people and the link between the senior and Project Management (PM) team. To continually develop and improve project processes to ensure all fit the evolving business needs of the team and clients. Within this you will be responsible for the prioritisation of all Econsultancy products and services, including the effective re-purposing of existing Econsultancy resources & creation of new ones where necessary. First point of contact for all client briefs in order to recommend a clear approach and / or allocate to a suitably experienced member of the PM team to take scoping and project planning forward in support of the senior team. Comfortable & verbally fluent in both Digital and Marketing, and able to demonstrate natural proactivity and instinctive team building skills. Demonstrating daily that you are happy being close to clients and consultants alike & be unphased in networking and presenting to clients when asked. Responsible for instilling commercial mindedness into the PM & Consultant teams alike to ensure there is a formal process to capture and handover new commercial opportunities and that it is adhered to. You will additionally check progress against these opportunities to ensure all work runs on time and in budget, as well as ensuring future opportunities are identified and mined. Responsible for the financial management of projects, including full budgetary control ensuring project time is tracked properly and reconciled regularly. Using the data available this role will be expected to find ways to improve our offering and ways of working & be responsible for leading our use of SalesForce as a key tool. Fully Budget aware and able to participate fully in the weekly senior team Budget tracking meetings. Responsible for the design and implementation of end to end processes to ensure efficient scoping and delivery of projects with first class customer experience. This will include, but should not be limited to:
- Standardised approaches to scoping requirements and building out project plans
- Feedback capture (client and consultant)
- PM to Sales teams handovers
- Formal capture and tracking of progress against additional commercial opportunities identified
- Management of the scope of projects ensuring scope creep is mitigated Responsible for ensuring best practice project management principles are followed and embedded by the UK team. Primary performance indicators Leadership: Live and uphold our values whilst encouraging our people to develop. Lead by example & be seen as a key person for the Econsultancy Project Management team. Delivery: Projects are delivered on time, as scheduled and profit margins are maintained across individual and team projects. Accountable for leading the project planning discipline covering scoping, estimating, time planning and capacity planning. Management: Responsible and accountable for managing the project management team, helping them to develop as individuals and managers. Run weekly meetings with the Project team as well as regular 1:1’s. Work closely with the other Heads of Departments (esp Sales & Subs) to form a well oiled unit. Financial: Contribute to the annual budget revenue by clear management of commercial opportunities and managing handovers between sales, account managers and project managers. Responsible for managing the reconciliation process, reporting on the performance of accounts, ensuring that clients are billed appropriately. Within this being responsible for identifying areas of risk/concern within existing projects to allow learnings to be applied to future project scoping. Best practice: Deployment of best practice project management and processes that are used by the full team. Process and Systems: Responsible for continual review and proposals for updates to all delivery processes and systems and for ensuring there is a standardised approach across the business to all parts of the process. Desired character
- Instinctive and natural passion for Digital, Marketing & Creativity.
- Proven track record either client or agency-side with a strong understanding of market dynamics & Marketing.
- Entrepreneurial flair and passion that enables a positive and determined approach to projects.
- Self-motivated and capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions and ensure exceptional culture of client-service.
- Confident, articulate and a proactive thinker.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal, digital & visual).
- Proven team player, both as a leader and participant.
- Positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Intuitive and restless networker.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent financial skills