Operation & Compliance Project Manager
6/12 months FTC Maternity Cover based in London or Bath with remote working considered
A strong operational background in international development and excellent project management skills are essential
Our client has a portfolio of international development programmes as well as fund management responsibilities. They are Fund Managers for UK Aid Direct and UK Aid Match – The Department for International Development’s (DFID) central funding mechanisms for awarding grants to small and medium sized UK and international civil society organisations working to reduce poverty overseas and achieve the Global Development Goals. We also manage the AmplifyChange fund; a multi-donor fund supporting advocacy in Sexual, Reproductive Health and Rights across Africa and South Asia.
The Operations and Compliance Project Manager has responsibility for the day-to-day oversight, development and management of quality systems, contract compliance and operational business processes. The role is responsible for overseeing interventions throughout the programming cycle and managing a team to ensure compliance with the company’s established policies, procedures, and strategy.
A strong operational background in international development and excellent project management skills are essential in order to be able to implement new operations and logistics processes and procedures and support our culture of continuous improvement. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the role holder will be expected to share information and participate in discussions to support organisational development and communications. You will also manage the Project Operations Manager.
1. Monitor and manage refinements and improvements to our business processes aimed at streamlining activities and driving up performance and quality
2. Review contract compliance across the portfolio, ensuring contract conditions are being tracked and met, working with senior managers on contract compliance and consistency to share best practice and learning across the portfolio of funds and programmes.
3. Analyse and interpret the stipulated terms and conditions/articles of client contracts and/or guidelines and act as a point of reference for queries on major client contracts and contractual procedures, and ensure contract compliance and quality standards are maintained as directed by our donors and fund management frameworks.
4. Act as main point of contact within the business for information and issue resolution for all operational quality and contract compliance related issues
5. Establish quality management systems based existing business process to meet ISO standards, including the integration and accreditation of 14001 and 19001 certifications.
6. Ensure coherence and consistency of reporting, information management, budgeting and other key business systems and processes such a travel security and procurement
7. Support, advise and train project delivery teams with respect to company policies and procedures, security management (prevention and management), procurement, grant management, financial accountability, donor requirements and compliance best practice.
8. Assist with the preparation and revision of a realistic budget and monitor expenditure in line with the budget, donor guidelines and financial regulations.
9. Organise contract reviews for projects, consolidate monthly reports to ensure accuracy and provide regular feedback to the senior management team.
10. Manage the company’s contract approval process and the contracts database.
11. Ensure subcontracts and consultancy agreements with third party suppliers meet the stipulated terms and conditions of each client contract and ensure contractual compliance throughout implementation of the assignment.
12. Maintain oversight of the business development process and act as a central resource and expert on standard contracts, teaming agreements and MOUs, etc. for both bidding and project management purposes.
13. Support the proposal process; this includes but is not limited to tracking opportunities, driving the opportunity capture phase, coordinating resources and support from across the company, and seeing a proposal to a successful competitive and compliant submission.
14. As appropriate, serve as proposal coordinator or other lead role in proposal team. Write or edit technical narratives, produce budgets, and other proposal pieces, as required.
15. Provide support on commercial proposals, ensuring all specialised advice is incorporated including relevant taxes, in-country annual inflation, exchange rates, contingencies and non-recoverable costs.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience of operations, logistics and project management including experience of setting up and managing contract compliance and quality systems and processes
• Considerable experience of working in an international development setting or on projects in developing countries with excellent understanding of grant funding cycles and systems.
• Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a culture of continuous improvement
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and online management systems.
• Experience formulating risk registers and implementing logistical and operational procedures.
• Experience of creating, implementing, auditing and analysing standard operating procedures.
• Experience of using systems and processes including database management.
• Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Experience of using own initiative, with a proactive and problem-solving attitude.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of implementing ISO 9001 standards • Qualified in Project Management methodologies, e.g. PRINCE 2
• Experience with financial and project management tools.
REPORTING AND ORGANISATION
This is a UK based position reporting to the Operations Director and is based in Bath or London. It is a full-time, fixed term contract position for approximately 6/12 months with an immediate start. Occasional national and international travel may be required. Requests for flexible working arrangements may be considered.
25 days per annum + public holidays (pro rated for part time employees)
6% employer contribution
Company life insurance scheme
Access to a flexible benefits and discounts scheme, including childcare vouchers, cycle to work and gym membership
Apply for Operation & Compliance Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly