Project Manager Infrastructure Civil Engineering
Project Managers – Infrastructure
My client works at the leading edge of transport, generating and applying science, knowledge and understanding to develop innovative solutions and software that is delivered to their customers around the world. They work with organisations from the public and private sectors on all aspects of safety; vehicles; rail; environment; sustainability; software; and a range of related niche specialisms. They are at the forefront not only of today's transport issues but also of what is to come - the future of transport. This is under-pinned by their vision to be a world leader in evidence-based transport solutions to create transport that is efficient, accessible, clean and safe.
About The Role
Here is an opportunity for a highly accomplished Project Manager with a strong commercial background to lead technical research and consultancy projects.. The projects delivered by the Infrastructure Division range in size and complexity from multi-million turn-key implementations to week long research activity. The position holds accountability for ensuring the technical delivery teams deliver projects to deadline and customer satisfaction, and present the opportunity to play a key delivery role on projects across the transport domain that will impact lives and deliver efficiencies.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
· Manage people and project teams to ensure projects are delivered to cost and timeframe, whilst promoting effective teamwork among project team members.
· Manage change appropriately within projects to reduce impacts on time and costs, and manage client expectations
· Build and maintain effective relationships with a defined set of key clients with a cross-business footprint, based on trust, effective management and timely delivery
· Drive project teams to be more efficient and deliver projects quicker than the anticipated profiles.
· Act as the key interface between the client and all relevant business divisions and other key stakeholders.
· Lead or participate in contract negotiations
· Assess and manage risks, including health and safety and data security issues
· Develop and execute ongoing communications at all levels of the business to ensure customer expectations are being met and to identify new opportunities
· Ensure appropriate communication and escalation of project-related matters with Senior Management
· Ensure all bids and projects are fully compliant with the quality procedures, and project documentation is comprehensive and up to date
· Manage ongoing liaison with other colleagues to ensure that customers are receiving best-in-class service
Skills & Experience
· Must be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in the management of high profile projects with knowledge of project management best practice and principles.
· Demonstrable experience delivering multiple projects to budget and timescale.
· Formal Project Management credentials (APM / Prince2)
· Domain expertise within Engineering/Applied Research or a Consultancy background.
They offer a competitive benefits package including:
• Support for professional memberships and study
• Non-contributory pension
• 25 days annual leave
• Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
• Flexible working hours
• Flexible benefits package (including things such as child care vouchers, discounted gym membership etc.)
Apply for Project Manager Infrastructure Civil Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly