This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-established privately-run service provider with over 29 years in within the HVAC commissioning, water treatment industry who have trebled in size in the last couple of years and are continuing to grow and expand and are seeking an experienced Project Manager within this industry to join them in their North Essex Office.
The company offers an open, relaxed and friendly environment, they have an excellent reputation in the market place and work with the likes Heathrow Airport, The Royal Albert Hall, RAF Lakenheath to name but a few, they are passionate about supporting local charities and pride themselves on their role in reducing harmful impacts on the environment.
What's in it for you?
- £30-40 Salary DOE
- Free Parking
- 9am - 5.30pm Monday- Friday
- Holidays 20 days + 8 Bank holidays
Main focus of the Operations Manager is to run and optimise all operational aspects of the office and its engineering team, based out of their Colchester office but will require to carry out weekly site visits (these can be anywhere around London, Greater London, South East), therefore a flexibility and willingness to travel is required
You will be responsible for managing daily operations of the engineering team, you will coach, inspire and support the team, making sure the best practices and values of our company are adhered to. You must be confident in troubleshooting and managing challenges that arise on a daily basis.
Checking engineers' daily reports and time sheets.
Reporting to operations director with a brief update and to discuss any important issues.
Compilation of RAMS as required.
Issue of drawings and all relevant information to engineers prior to starting a project.
Involvement with estimating department with pricing of projects, forecasting for secured and likely contracts awarded.
You will report directly to our Operations Director. You should be proficient and have the ability to adapt to different software and systems as you will be expected to learn and understand them and use them. An understanding of Apple iMacs and Sage software are desirable.
- At least three years of operational management experience, Ideally, we are looking for someone with an experience in both Commissioning and Water Treatment, so background in HVAC Commissioning, Water Treatment, Water Hygiene is desired, if not essential.
- Process/policy driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to drive performance through KPIs during a period of growth. Strong technical skills and be very comfortable with various systems and office based programs.
- Good understanding of practical, technical, financial and quality requirements to ensure efficient and profitable implementation of a project
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Strong leadership, teamworking skills and the ability to work independently.
- Sound judgement and a positive approach and a great attitude, always trying to face challenges with a smile.