Senior Project Manager
The Canal & River Trust is one of the UK’s largest charities. Our vision is for living waterways that transform places and enrich lives. We are responsible for the stewardship of 2,000 miles of historic inland waterways across England and Wales, encompassing the nation’s third largest collection of listed structures, including locks, aqueducts, bridges, tunnels, docks, wharves, historic warehouses, offices and houses, as well as reservoirs, embankments and cuttings and many important wildlife habitats.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our national Asset Strategy Team and help transform our strategic asset management planning. The asset management road-map is ambitious and covers projects including the development of asset investment models and asset strategies, development and implementation of mobile applications, and asset management system improvements. Maintaining a functional link with our national Project Delivery Team, you will manage a portfolio of projects and work with technical and business stakeholders in an agile way to deliver positive change. Join us and you’ll play an important part in achieving our vision.
This role can be based from our Milton Keynes, Leeds, Northwich, Birmingham or Gloucester offices. Please state on your application where you would prefer to be based.
- To provide project management and programme planning support for the development of a 10-20 year asset investment plan.
- To provide project management for multiple business change projects, including:
- Understanding the Project Scope and Benefits;
- Identification and ownership of Project Requirements and Plans;
- Stakeholder engagement and communications;
- Coordination of project activity on a day-to-day basis and monitoring of milestones and deliverables;
- Managing risks, issues, change requests and dependencies;
- Managing resource requirements and conflicts;
- Raise issues and risks with business sponsors to gain resolution as required; and
- Project reporting.
- To conduct and support post-project appraisals.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent leadership skills
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Project management accreditation/qualification – i.e. Prince 2; APM Project Management qualification; managing successful programmes (MSP) desirable.
- Technician/Associate level (or equivalent) membership of appropriate professional body (e.g. APM, ICE) desirable.
- Proven experience of managing concurrently a portfolio of multi-disciplinary projects of medium-risk / medium-complexity.
- Proven experience of leading projects involving business change.
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex stakeholder requirements.
- Experience of infrastructure asset management and environmental management desirable
- Experience of management systems (e.g. ISO 55001, ISO 14001) desirable
- Driving licence desirable; willingness and flexibility to travel essential.
In addition to your salary, you will receive access to a generous contributory DC Pension Plan, Outer London Allowance if based in Milton Keynes, and excellent annual holiday entitlement.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Find out more about the work we do and opportunities we have on our website: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us