Project Manager - IMS (Integrated Missions Solutions)
Project Manager required to provide project management and leadership to support the Integrated Missions Solutions (IMS) Export IPT (Integrated Project Team) within the Electronic
Warfare (EW) Line of Business (LoB), in successfully delivering capabilities to our customers.
The Export IPT deliver projects which support the development and delivery of Mission Data capabilities for our customers as part of the EW Lifecycle, working with customers in multiple locations and specifically the Middle East. With projects ranging in size and complexity, across aircraft platforms such as Eurofighter Typhoon, and a range of Partners/Suppliers where relationship development is pivotal to our success, the IMS Export IPT is a very dedicated and diverse working environment which requires additional team members in support of business expansion.
The Project Manager will be responsible for applying effective people management, leadership and problem solving skills to develop, enhance and deliver against multiple project activities of varying complexity which are critical to the performance and growth of the IMS Business Area.
This role will be based in Luton and will require travel on occasions to other Leonardo UK sites and customer locations, which will on occasion include international locations.
Key Responsibility Areas
Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage projects to time, cost, quality and technical compliance.
- Manage and demonstrate delivery of projects and work packages, to achieve / better the financial targets.
- Ensure adherence to Leonardo's Lifecycle Management (LCM), as appropriate and tailored to suit
- Proactively monitor cost and schedule progress and lead the team effectively through planning, allocation and reporting of work in order to ensure successful delivery of the project and its objectives
- Anticipate, mitigate and manage dependencies, risks and synergies in support of increased business performance.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all functions in order to influence, support and deliver project activities.
- Support the ongoing development and/or improvement of relationships with customers and suppliers for current and future projects to establish / maintain Leonardo as a supplier / partner of choice, built on the principals of trust, collaboration and mutual respect.
- Work closely with the IMS Export leads to ensure the IMS business area is organised and integrated as efficiently as possible.
- Drive through with the functions the required IMS IPT team mobilisation, deployment and development plans.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Proven experience in successfully delivering multiple projects which span the Leonardo Project Phases - inclusive of development (including release to production), production and support
- Pro-active with a "can do" attitude, striving for continuous improvement, effectiveness and efficiency and with a focus on achieving high performance against objectives
- Detailed understanding of PPRP and financial controls.
- To lead and support the Bid team depending upon the scope of activity, ranging from tactical follow-on business through to multimillion pound proposals, to a successful conclusion through the application of Company best practice.
- Good computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications and SAP functions related to Project execution, cost control and planning.
- Working knowledge of the Leonardo policies & practices in particular related to Life Cycle Management, Risk Management and Project Execution.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise workload and to work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable to change and adversity
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative with the ability to think laterally
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and communicate to multiple engineering and non-engineering functions which span different locations.
- Typically degree qualified or equivalent.
- APMP,PRINCE-2 or PMI PMP Certified
- Full time role with some out of hours and extended working hours anticipated as required
- This is an office-based role using display screen equipment
- Travel between UK Leonardo sites will be required due to the cross site nature of the IPT and the Business Area
- Occasional travel outside of the UK will be required
Why join Leonardo?
At Leonardo you will enjoy a range of benefits, such as flexible working, an award-winning pension scheme, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) as well as training opportunities and an employee referral scheme.