We're looking for an Operations Manager to join our Site Accomodation team in West Bromwich.
As an Operations Manager you will have operational responsibility for the service teams who carry out the installation, refurbishment and fit out of our buildings. You will manage the labour, material efficiency and safety of site accommodation projects ensuring costs are adhered to and quality is maintained.
Is this role for me?
If you have previous experience supervising skilled trade teams within the construction or similar building/trade environment this role could be for you.
This role will include regular travel to our sites throughout the U.K so you must be flexible.
The following experience/skills are also essential for this role:
- Practical experience managing multi skilled trades teams in a project management/co-ordination role.
- Qualified skilled background: joinery/carpentry, plumbing or electrical engineering.
- Experience working on site within the construction or related industry.
- Good level of numeracy/literacy able to work to proposed costs and targets.
- Full U.K driving licence.
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000 (plus bonus)
- 24 days holiday
- Full time employees can buy up to 5 days holiday
- 1 day paid volunteering
- Company Car
- Discounted cycles and shopping vouchers
What are the key duties?
- Oversee installations during fit out stage to ensure customer requirements are adhered to.
- Recruit and manage installation/service operatives.
- Drive health and safety culture of zero harm.
- Accurately assess sites in order to provide the commercial team with realistic costings, so accurate quotes are provided to our customers.
- Provide off site project support at various locations across the UK to efficiently manage the fit out of the Site Accommodation Modular product. This may require periods away from home while site installation is underway.
- Liaise with project teams as appropriate to ensure project conclusion is within agreed timescales and meeting required quality standards.
- Effectively use internal systems (SAP) to identify issues, record and analyse costs.
- Administration of materials and stock control process.
- Assist with production and clarification of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Drawings and Delivery Schedules on a project specific basis.
- Ensure the effective rotation of fleet available to avoid building deterioration and achieve optimum availability.
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.