Project Configuration Manager (m/f)
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Bombardier Transportation is committed to developing innovative solutions to move people within and between cities across the globe.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Configuration Manager for our main site in Derby, UK, to join us for our Project Core Team.
The Configuration Manager is part of the senior staff in this function and a member of the extended project team responsible for implementing the integrity of the BT Configuration and Change Management process and its governance. You will oversight of all functions involved in the Configuration and Change Management process.
- Responsible for planning and controlling changes, defects, builds and releases by identifying the work products that are likely to change, establishing relationships among them, defining mechanisms for managing different versions of work products, controlling the changes imposed, understanding and communicating an impact analysis and auditing and reporting on the changes made.
- Communicate and align configuration management activities with customer project configuration management (incl. baseline harmonizing on vehicle level).
You will display:
- Typically at least 5 years’ experience in relevant role.
- Profound understanding of Configuration and Change Management (GRP-016007), and how its related processes such as Requirements management, Data Management and Document Control inter-relate with the Business Processes.
- Assertiveness to ensure all team members do not bypass Configuration and Change Management policies and procedures.
- Preferable experience of using all the Configuration and Change Management tools – at minimum to have a familiarity through training.
- Preferable trained to a recognised Configuration and Change Management standard – e.g. CMII Certified.
- Expert knowledge in the practices of Configuration and Change Management
- Expert knowledge in principles of Business Process Management
- Expert knowledge in concepts of Project Management
- Operating experience in international environment (Europe or overseas)
- Fluent English language skills
- Customer orientation
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Team player
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity. Join a dynamic team, developing the software for multiple projects across the UK, Europe and the world.
We are helping to create a better world. By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Posting Date: 19th March 2018 Closing Date: 18th April 2018
Hours: 37 per week Competitive Salary
- University Degree in any of Mechanical Engineering/Project Management/Business Management, or equivalent (e.g.training/ education in BT).
- Qualified in Configuration Management (CM Expert)
- Certifications: CMIIB