Projects Support Manager (Facilities Management)
- Full Time
Our client, a high profile education organisation in Leeds are currently looking for a Projects Support Manager to over see the largest estates change in their history on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The project will see the completion and occupation of a brand new £14m facility, the delivery of a significant Design & Build refurbishment project and the relocation of courses and teaching resources to the new site.
You will work with a diverse range of stakeholders both internal and external and will need to develop good working relationships quickly. You must have a flexible approach to project management but be well organised to ensure that the projects and processes are delivered on time. You will be responsible for the development of the communication plan ensuring that project queries and information flows are managed in a co-ordinated way. You will manage various project tasks and duties ensuring successful delivery and completion of construction and refurbishment projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To familiarise yourself with the projects, operations and establish good working relationships with the contractors, design team and organisation departments.
• To closely monitor project progress and activity and flag issues to the Head of Estates as they arise.
• To facilitate the smooth relocation across the site of equipment, materials and resources.
• To develop and implement the transitional communication plan and project contact processes for staff.
• To co-ordinate project enquires from contractors, colleagues and University stakeholders.
• To support the Head of Estates with the management of installations and the fit-out of project areas.
• To liaise with project contractors, suppliers providing services to the University and manage snagging issues
• To assist the Head of Estates with the soft landings and post occupancy evaluation processes.
• To assist the Head of Estates with contract management relating to the project and deputise in absence of the Head of Estates.
• To assist the Head of Estates with contingency planning and management, including providing alternative accommodation and facilities if required.
• Ensure projects are managed in accordance with CDM, building control and statutory compliance.
We are looking for a project manager (Prince 2 qualified) with Successful project management experience of commercial construction and refurbishment projects. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with the experience and ability to understand construction information and drawings as well as management of relocation and migration projects within large public buildings
In return, our client is looking to offer a salary of between £42,418 and £46,336 (pro-rata).