Assistant Project Manager
Martek is a fast-growing specialist joinery manufacturer and fit out contractor, with an enviable reputation for the quality of our products, the skills of our production facility and site-based teams. Martek is the place to work if you are ambitious, motivated and looking for full time and secure employment. If you would like to work in a busy and exciting environment, have a keen desire to work for a great company and want to get on in life - apply today.
The position will largely be based at Martek's head office in New Addington, with occasional visits to site. As an equal opportunities employer - IIP accredited, Martek will provide you with skills development and the chance to take your career to the next level.
The role of an Assistant Project Manager at Martek will involve supporting the senior project managers in coordinating the design, manufacture and installation of high profile projects within the commercial interior fit out sector.
The position has been created with the view of developing the successful candidate to project manager level.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Project Manager:
* Assisting with the management and coordination of all aspects of projects.
* Cost reporting.
* Contract administration.
* Assisting with preparation of tenders - analyse quotations against budgets.
* Arranging logistics.
* Assisting with project handover.
Requirements of the Assistant Project Manager:
* Be degree qualified with a project management, interior design, quantity surveying or other related construction degree.
* Have at least 6 months relevant construction industry experience.
* Have the ability to prioritise and plan effectively, and have good overall time management skills.
* Be self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
* Have good knowledge of health and safety procedures and legislation.
* AutoCAD Skills.
* Have excellent Excel and Microsoft office skills.
* Strong inter-personal skills.
* Willing to learn and develop into a project manager role.
* Live within a reasonable commute of the head office in New Addington, Croydon, CR0 0AE.
Benefits of becoming the Assistant Project Manager:
* Salary of A£28,000 - A£32,000 per annum
* Car allowance/company car
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Assistant Project Manager role then please apply now!