6 days left
- Full Time
WHSmith is one of the UK's most successful and established retailers. As our Travel UK business continues to grow, there has never been a more exciting time to join the team. We are currently rolling out a number of cross-functional strategic projects and planning processes which support our Trading team with their commercial initiatives and this is all managed by our small but busy Commercial Planning team based in our London Head Office.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Commercial Planning Team to support and manage these exciting initiatives. This role would suit a confident and outgoing retail Project Manager or an experienced Store Manager with great organisational and planning skills. The role is one where your ability to engage, inspire and influence others will be key to success. If you love building plans, working them through the teams around you and delivering great things to be proud of, then this could be the ideal role for you.
What will you do:
* You will be responsible for planning and defining project scope to ensure clear and agreed objectives
* You will create accurate and precise project documentation, charts and schedules
* You will monitor and manage risks and issues, analyse and pre-empt risks and report regularly on progress
* You will escalate to stakeholders any issues impacting project delivery to ensure successful resolution
* You will co-ordinate and communicate with the various teams across the business, ensuring all the aims of projects are met by managing expectations
* You will provide advice on the management of projects, control quality and suggest improvements / changes where appropriate
Who are we looking for?
* You will have had previous project experience or come from a store management background
* If you have experience managing high profile, date critical projects this will prove highly advantageous
* You will be methodical, organised and possess a high attention to detail
* You will have exemplary communication skills with the ability to manage expectations at varying levels of seniority
* You must be able to influence cross functionally and manage upwards
*You will have outstanding time management skills
* You will have a high level of analysis experience along with an analytical mindset to interpret trends
What's in it for you?
We're a company that values our people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to our various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. We offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension, as well as other perks such as our popular holiday trading scheme and a 4pm finish on a Friday! Our London Office is ideally situated in Holborn, only a five minute walk from Holborn tube station and close to a plethora of shops, bars and restaurants.