Your new company
They're a main distributor of louvres, grilles and solar shading in England, wales & Channel Islands with technical expertise in a complex industry who deal directly with building contractors, architects and consultants to offer design recommendations and value engineered solutions.
Your new role
Responsible for securing new business across different market sectors in order to achieve / exceed sale and profit targets set by the board.
To give strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the company achieves its mission and objectives.
As a small company a flexible approach will be needed, and this may involve working with other teams or doing other tasks within the company.
- Project Management of Projects under your responsibility. This will be approximately £1,5 million in the current and could be 10-12 live projects. This will include meeting the Clients Programme so as to avoid any contractual issues, and ensure the Customer is completely satisfied with our performance.
- Resolve all technical and design matters required to satisfy the requirements of the project/contract.
- Procure all materials, services, installation fitters, deliveries, and other recourses to meet the Customer programme requirements.
- Ensure all design information, drawings etc is issued to meet the programme requirements of other trades and our Customer to avoid any disputes.
- Manage the project budget to ensure that final project margins exceed the point of order margins.
- Place all Sub-Contract and Supplier Purchase Orders which must be co-signed by the Managing Director.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the company health and safety requirements, and ensure that all paperwork is issued and received back on all contracts i.e. completion certificates
- Ensure that all extras/variations to contacts are obtained and all necessary instruction/day works have costs agreed before carrying out any work where possible.
- Authorise payments to Suppliers and Sub Contractors
- Advise accounts department on invoices to be issues.
- All works to be filed electronically as per the existing procedures.
- All financial aspects of the project and purchasing to be done on the Accounts Software which is currently Inner Circles. All Purchase orders must be countersigned by the Managing Director prior to any commitment being given to the Supplier/Sub-Contractor.
- Visit projects on site and liaise with fitting teams, main contractors, M&E contractors to ensure effective delivery of projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Delivery of programmes as the contract dictates, on time and in full (OTIF)
- Maintaining a commercial view of the contract and upselling where possible and negotiating for margin improvement
- Value engineering wherever possible
- Effectively managing the sub-contractors at all times
- Ensuring the final account agreement is settled promptly
- Raising orders in a timely way to meet the programme, accurately and within budget and with authorisation prior to placing the order.
- Owning the customer relationship and responding to customer communications within 24 hours.
What you'll need to succeed
- Prince2 qualification
- Full driving licence
- Strong project management skills
- Clear precise communication
- High organisational skill
- Highly Motivated
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.