Project Manager Air Conditioning
Working for an well established air conditioning and refrigeration company who complete everything from design, install, service maintenance across commercial, industrial and individual residential premises right across the UK. They have a network of 12 fully serviced centres across England, employing over 230 staff, over half of whom are specialist engineers. Our customer and staff retention is high, because we care for and look after both.
- Responsible for project management in the installation and commissioning of a wide range of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems.
- Be the main point of contact for customers throughout the project.
- Responsible for production and implementation of Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all projects.
- Provide schematics for projects, submitting drawings to CAD department for production.
- Ensure that all resources, including materials, equipment, labour and sub-contractors are planned, ordered and allocated to contracts as appropriate and managed throughout the project.
- Carefully monitor job costing for contracts, including materials and engineer hours booked.
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing of parts and equipment and ensure parts are ordered on time.
- Supervise and oversee the work of installation teams and any appointed subcontractors, being their main point of contact and technical support.
- Visit sites regularly to ensure regular customer contact and high standards of work.
- Oversee commissioning of all projects and follow up paperwork.
- Proven experience of project management in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of installing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Strong commercial awareness.
- A resourceful and logical thinker with the ability to plan and remain calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to build good professional relationships with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors alike. Good people management skills.
- A deep understanding of and the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- A background in construction project management or mechanical engineering would be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literate and familiar with using Microsoft Office suite.
- A full, valid UK driving licence is essential.
- Basic hours 40 hours per week, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and as required to suit the business needs.
To apply for this role, please call Harri on 01745 77 22 18