Producer / Project Manager
Are you a personable, highly motivated and organised Producer / Project Manager, looking to join a fast paced, progressive and seriously creative environment? If so, this could be the role for you…
About the role:
A Project Manager or Producer is one of the hardest roles in a fast-paced, digitally-focused agency. At a project level you are accountable for the accurate collection, definition and documentation of requirements, and the ongoing dissemination and management of this to the teams. You are the pivotal conduit between the client and studio, and the one that must drive the project, ensuring client expectations are met whilst working within the time, technical and financial restraints.
You will be at the sharp end; working with Client Services on a range of projects. This could vary from heavy tech, with enterprise level CMS platforms on a global site delivery scale, through to short-term, high intensity projects with resources scattered across the globe.
You will also find yourself at the London office regularly, ensuring wherever the client communication starts you are there to drive the project.
Ultimately the PM/Producer role is about making ideas on a piece of paper come to life by truly understanding what is needed and assembling and managing the right people through the journey.
You will have a desire to make ideas a reality, whilst keeping a firm hand on the reins. You should understand when to say ‘no’ and not be afraid of it, when to say yes but keep a record of it and when that sudden client change means a phase two is inevitable.
Your business acumen will mean you can talk to clients and get a real understanding of what they want to achieve. At the same time, your technical abilities will mean you can converse with developers at a level that they understand.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Client Services in estimating project timescales, developing costs and monitoring budgets
- Working with clients and internal teams to gather requirements, and developing all relevant documentation from start to finish on a project
- Manage an array of projects simultaneously, acting as the PM/Producer
- Assist teams to improve the way they work, establishing a predictable and sustainable approach
- Ensure cross-team coordination between the Developers, User Experience Designers and Creative. Fostering better communication between the disciplines
- Facilitate with reporting iteration planning, retrospectives, producing relevant metrics that help the team see how they are performing
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned and unplanned projects, large and small changes, absorbing technical and logistical issues, and rapidly defining and implementing resolution plans
- Experience in AGILE SCRUM methodologies using: Iterations, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and stories as required
- Experience of carrying out the Project Manager role using Waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of major technical projects involving a range of CMS platforms from commission to completion
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven experience in communicating directly with international customers, suppliers and stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or with equivalent experience.
- Accredited project management qualification(s) in a relevant methodology (e.g. SCRUM (Agile), PRINCE2 or ITIL) is a benefit.
- A proven track record on projects which challenge people, and the ability to demonstrate effective client and project management is a must.
If you think you have what it takes, simply email a CV and covering letter across to us.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/