Senior Project Coordinator / Commercial Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for Both Senior and Intermediate Project Coordinators / Commercial managers to join our London Design Management group. You should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in NEC3 contracts, design and commercial management and have excellent communication skills. The role will involve close liaison with our Project Directors and multi-disciplinary design teams to deliver high profile projects in Westminster. Taking a pivotal role in project delivery from day one, you will be in a key position to drive the performance of the projects in the London studio.
Tasks will include:
- Creation, co-ordination / assembly of commercial proposal documentation for opportunities on new and existing projects including fees, resources, workload, costings for activity matrices, baselines, teams etc.
- Driving the delivery of projects from inception to completion with the work plans you have created with BDP team leaders.
- Reporting to BDP directors on progress and performance.
- Preparation and analysis of data on business performance against targets, when volume of project/bidding allows this
- Preparing workload and forecasting data / documentation
- Project performance monitoring data / documentation
- Preparing with management of project risk registers
- Preparation of Programmes of work, Scopes of Work and Deliverables Schedules (liaising with teams and Profession Directors)
- Preparation of costings and proposals for project changes
- Preparing time record and cost information for performance monitoring / billing purposes
- Preparing fee drawing arrangements and calculation of sums due for invoicing
- All of the above, where required, within the context of an NEC3 PSC environment
- Other project or business functions as necessary and as workload dictates and actively delivering value for time spent
As a major practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, BDP offers a unique opportunity to work on large, high profile projects within interdisciplinary design teams.
You will need good IT skills, drive and enthusiasm, an ability to communicate effectively and strong knowledge of the construction industry. Previous experience of working in a design led environment and knowledge of appointment documents/building contracts is desirable.
You will have a working knowledge of the NEC3 family of contracts and be able to demonstrate skill in fostering a highly creative design team environment whilst successfully maintaining and delivering project performance.
You will demonstrate a collaborative team-working style and enjoy working to tight deadlines. You will be able to work effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Good knowledge of MS Excel and one the following programming software is required: MS Project, CS Project, Primavera project or other.
Please note that the successful candidate would be required to undergo a security check and so you will need to have at least 3 years UK residency in order to work on the project.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 900 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of BDP’s skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions, a great working environment and excellent prospects for career advancement.
No agencies or third party applications please.
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.