Manager, Project Management Office
This is an exciting time to join as we undergo significant business transformation to meet our business objectives to realize advanced AI solutions for the connected car. Nuance is the industry leader in conversational AI to optimise the human-machine interface for enhanced driving safety and effortless experiences. Nuance Dragon Drive delivers the user experience of tomorrow in the cars of today.
The Cloud Reliability Engineering (CRE) Team within Nuance’s Automotive division is seeking a strong, technically minded and experienced leader to head up our Project Management Office and Team.
The PMO Manager is accountable for CRE Project governance including processes, procedures and reporting. In addition, you will manage and develop your team of Project Managers.
The PM Team plans and coordinates various projects in a cloud SaaS environment. They work across Hosting Teams (Architecture, Infrastructure, Application, Security and Service Operation Centre) as well as Software Engineering Teams to deliver key projects in programs ranging across Public Cloud, Service Delivery, Process & Quality Improvement, as well as Cost Reduction initiatives.
This is a hands-on role so as manager you will be required to manage certain projects when necessary.
Responsibility includes management of project schedule, project deliverables and reporting to meet both corporate requirements and customer needs. The overall role is to plan, execute, and deliver projects on time, within scope and within budget. The individual must also manage stakeholder relationships and be able to communicate effectively with internal senior management, across teams and with external business partners.
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews, development, mentoring and coaching.
- Provide project level oversight, accountability and communications for assigned projects, ensuring successful delivery on time and within budget.
- Establish and enhance usage of project management best practices including management of risk, budget, communication, resource, schedule, and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure all new and inflight projects follow agreed project methodologies and have appropriate governance in place that support successful delivery of projects.
- Identify and manage tasks that will potentially be performed by a wide range of resources, including consultants, business resources, and other internal IT resources.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, including schedule, resources, risks, issues, budget proposals, and communications plans.
- Establish and manage project budgets. Provide spending forecast against budget and manage all project expenses.
- Deliver projects aligned with Nuance’s Automotive strategy and vision. This role will directly manage projects.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and stakeholder presentations, including executive level communications.
- Actively contribute to and help drive yearly financial planning and periodic financial reforecasting cycles including capital, opex, labor and data center costs.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with business and IT stakeholders to ensure the PMO function delivers an effective service
- Communication: Own and drive communications through the organization, including project related communications, reporting and escalations.
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Years Of Work Experience
- 8 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree or 6 years with Master’s degree
- Previous team management experience is essential
- Strong background working in IT ideally at a senior level
- Proven experience of providing PMO support to portfolios / programs across complex multiple business units
- Thorough understanding of program and project management processes, methods and standards
- Extensive program management or project management experience implementing hosted services projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively stakeholder communication and management is essential
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organisations
- Understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to project goals
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams is required
- Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment
- Skills include strong business acumen and strategic thinking to complement strong tactical execution skills
- Strong can-do attitude and a high degree of tenacity and drive.
- Experience delivering hosted services projects in private, public or hybrid cloud environments (Azure, AWS, etc)
- PMP Certification is required