Senior Programme Manager
The Senior Programme Manager will be responsible for the interface to external customers and coordinating all aspects of the various programmes for allocated customer accounts focusing on driving 100% On Time Delivery at 100% Quality, all the time. In addition, the Senior Programme Manager may be engaged with the Head of Programmes and the Business Development Director in developing new business and the construction of winning bids. The Senior Programme Manager may also be allocated day-to-day leadership & management responsibilities for one or more Programme Managers and/or Programme Coordinators, as directed by the Head of Programmes.
The Senior Programme Manager role shall include, but is not limited to:
- Engage in and support, setting of the future strategic direction for allocated customer accounts.
- Sign-off and issue Customer Documentation.
- Undertaking projects allocated by the Head of Programmes.
- Maintaining market awareness, identifying potential new opportunities and highlighting them to the Head of Programmes and Business Development Director.
- Assisting in sales campaigns for new contracts and proposals.
- Preparation of commercial bids in response to RFQs/RFPs.
- Running or overseeing New Product Introduction programmes/projects.
- Running or overseeing rectification projects for parts presenting quality/reliability issues and customer service improvement projects.
- Formulating, instigating and driving recovery programmes for allocated customers.
- Responsibility for the profitability and customer satisfaction for allocated customers.
- Ensuring timely resolution of customer issues and leading Customer Review meetings.
- Controlling and managing programme spend, securing budget and spend authorization as required.
- Assisting with commercial negotiations as directed.
- Customer or role specific requirements for allocated customers (internal or external).
- Integrity: doing the right thing for our stakeholders, valuing safety, honour and respect to all.
- Continuous Improvement champion: pursues zero defect quality, attacks problems and relentlessly looks to raise the bar.
- Teamwork: seeks opportunities to win as one team – one company. Unafraid to solicit help from others in pursuing team wins.
- Innovative: demonstrates passion for growing the business and solving problems through ingenuity.
- Acts with velocity: partners, communicates and anticipates challenges before they become issues. Actively manages and mitigates risk.
- Ideally Degree qualified or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Proven programme management capability and experience.
- Experience of managing product or programme development projects, ideally within the aerospace or marine industry.
- Good understanding of business processes and methods (e.g. Supplier / Manufacturing / Quality means and methods, capabilities & constraints).
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Capacity to handle wide-ranging complexity across a number of programmes or issues.
- UK driving licence holder.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Based in Staverton, Gloucestershire
Travel to and working at other Triumph and Customer locations worldwide will be required
- Hours of Employment: 37 hours a week; flexibility will be required.
Successful applicants receive conditional offers to be subject to satisfactory references, Disclosure Scotland and Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, a right to work in the UK and willingness to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire.