SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a talented Project Manager to join our team in Solihull who has worked on external facing projects and programme of work. We would look to interview candidates with less experience but those that have a background in project management but have the right attitude to learn and grow.
The purpose of the Project Manager will be to effectively manage of all aspects of IT projects with ultimate responsibility for the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle.
We’d like to meet a Project Manager with the following –
- A proven track record of successfully managing a number of sizeable projects through all project phases, from inception to sign-off.
- Experience of working within IT, Software and Application projects.
- Covering Waterfall and Agile across a variety of workstreams.
- Relationship management experience - customer interface at pre-project phase, during project and post completion, is essential for the role.
- PRINCE2, Waterfall and Agile or other relevant experience.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- Generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan.
- Generous holiday allowance, free parking and subsidised gym memberships.
- Life insurance, cycle to work scheme and a large range of employee discounts and benefits.
The Project Manager responsibilities include:
- The Project Manager will take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects.
- The role of the Project Manager identifies, assesses and manages risks to secure the success of the project. They will ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- As a Project Manager, you will manage the change control procedure, and ensure that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- As the role of the Project Manager involves building relationships with clients, you will need to develop and maintain defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups, as the single point of contact.
- The Project Manager will need to gather information from the customer to understand their needs (demand management) and detailed requirements. They will facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
The Project Manager plays a crucial role in delivering our vision and values through you, your team and the business.
To apply for the role of Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Project Manager, Programme Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Programme Delivery Manager, Insurance Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Project Management.