The Project Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of software implementation projects in support of Equus client implementation initiatives. This role manages the factors that govern project success, ensuring high-quality on-time delivery, while also ensuring effective utilization of Equus resources.
- Under general direction, leads project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for implementation projects.
- Manages effective project delivery utilizing Equus standard project management processes, deliverables and tools.
- Manages project changes to key elements such as scope, schedule, and budget.
- Establishes and implements an effective communication plan to ensure the primary stakeholders both internally and externally are informed and actively engaged in the project.
- Proactively partners with the Implementation Manager and Implementation Executive Sponsor to successfully manage client expectations and ensure the team has the appropriate client provided information, data or other related dependencies.
- Leads client status meetings and facilitates other meetings as appropriate.
- Partners with the Implementation Manager and team members to develop and maintain accurate project artifacts, including a solid project schedule.
- Partners with appropriate leaders and peers to optimize resource utilization by forecasting project-level resource needs and balancing the workload of our employees with client priorities.
- Partners with the Implementation Manager to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve project issues.
- Ensures team members across functional reporting lines are engaged and/or informed at appropriate times.
- Ensures project issues and risks are documented, monitored regularly and escalated when needed.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate contingency measures.
- Ensures adherence to any known legally binding requirements such as security, data, audit or regulatory compliance items.
- Provides client communications and presentations as needed.
- Provides training to the project team on the application of project management procedures.
- Maintains awareness of emerging trends within the Project Management functional area or Project Management communities.
- Operates as a SME in at least one functional area, such as Project Planning, Requirements Management, Change Management, Quality Management, Metrics, etc.
Sales and Marketing
- Supports the Sales team by partnering with implementation leads to develop an initial project plan, schedule and/or estimate for a potential client, as needed.
E= Essential D = Desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project management software (E)
- Advanced Microsoft Office software experience – particularly Microsoft Excel and Word (D)
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and customer-facing skills (E)
- Strong organization and process oriented skills (E)
- Ability to understand client business processes, issues and needs (E)
- General understanding of Global Mobility (D)
- General knowledge of Equus Software products e.g. GROW / AssignmentPro, and PinPoint (D)
- Bachelor’s Degree (E)
- Professional experience (8-12 years) in software implementation related roles, with at least 5 years of relevant project management experience (E)
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects or one very large project (E)
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects in a fast-paced environment where resources are often shared across projects (E)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with staff on all levels (E)
- Ability to motivate and facilitate a team approach to goal accomplishment (E)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (D)
- Development and/or business analyst experience (D)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Demonstrates high ethics and values to inspire loyalty and trust (E)
- Flexible attitude and ability to work successfully in teams (E)
- Ability to travel up to 25% (E)
- Initiates building and maintaining strong relationships with project team members (E)
- Uses conflict-resolution skills to facilitate strong team dynamics (E)
- Actively builds strong relationships with internal team members and client contacts (E)
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and initiates changes based upon project experience (E)
- Develops knowledge of our industry and products (E)