Payments Project Manager
Digital Delivery Dept Reporting to Head of Payments Delivery Based in London Bridge
This is an opportunity for a passionate Payments Project Manager to work in the Digital Delivery team where you’ll be responsible for managing and delivering payment projects to enhance the Cashplus product. This is a great opportunity where you’ll develop your knowledge of how a growing FinTech operates. You’ll work closely with the Head of Payments Delivery, whilst also managing projects of your own.
There will be a variety of change projects, focusing on helping the business achieve their revenue targets and ensuring Cashplus continues to enhance the service offering to customers. As a critical part of a fast-growing business, you will get exposure to all levels of management and colleagues.
Change projects can vary in scope from minor maintenance type changes through to full product launch so there is always a varied and interesting workload.
Our values are to Tell It Straight, Get Closer, Strive for the Best and Take Pride.
Who we are
Cashplus is the leading UK Digital challenger to banks. We’ve spent the past 13 years building banking services that are fast, smart and simple. Originally established to help customers and micro-businesses getting a raw deal from the high street banks, we’ve just rebranded our company brand to match our highly recognised and award-winning Cashplus product brand, already appearing on 1.8 million+ UK debit and credit cards.
From introducing the first UK prepaid card in 2005, to being the first non-bank to offer a current account, we’ve been ahead of the curve for as long as we’ve been around. We’ve opened 1.3 million customer accounts and nearly £9 billion in payments processed to date are proof that it’s possible to be both profitable as well as pioneering.
For more information about us, check-out our company site cashplusgroup.com or cashplus.com to find out more about our products and services.
You’ll be responsible for
- Delivery of complex change to scope, time and budget
- Track and monitoring the progress of payments projects
- Facilitate kick-off sessions, requirements gathering and steering meetings
- Manage all projects and changes in adherence with the agreed project governance
- Working with the Business Analyst and internal/external development teams to define and deliver pragmatic solutions which meet the business and customer needs
- Matrix management of cross-functional teams
- Complete weekly project status reporting for wider business review and prioritisation
- Ensure all project documentation is accurate and up to date
- Identify dependencies between projects
- Demonstrable payments project experience with delivery
- Drive and passion and able to demonstrate initiative
- Exceptional organisation abilities; it comes naturally, you will likely relish ticking off items from a list being naturally methodical and systematic in your approach
- Confidence in escalating issues where there are project blockers
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills across all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of managing budgets
- A pro-active approach, and a flexible an-do attitude
- MS Office skills including Visio and PowerPoint
- An understanding of the Project Management Lifecyle
- Strong numeracy skills
- Some experience of formal Project Management methodologies such as (PRINCE2/Agile/APMP)
- Experience of working on payment product projects
- Financial services experience
Experience in one of the following;
- Prepaid / Debit / Credit card processing
- Mobile payment technologies
- Faster Payments/BACS Payment schemes and processing
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus a cash benefits allowance of 7.5% of basic salary
- 26 days’ holiday rising each full year worked up to 33 days
- Ability to buy and sell a further 5 days each year
- An awesome riverside location by Borough Market and London Bridge Station
- Life Assurance, Season Ticket Loans plus all
- Excellent Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Excellent cycle to work facilities
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Free fresh fruit every day!