Project Development Manager
A leading Mining Operator are recruiting for a Project Development Manager to join their corporate PMO team in the delivery of project development for the company. The role will be based in London.
Your roles and responsibilities as Project Development Manager will include:
- Supports Health and safety initiatives and ensures operational development compliance within the projects with Health and safety procedures and practices.
- Develops the OPEX budget for post start up
- Develop and implement an Operational Management Systems that incorporates the Operations Safety Management and Environment Management Systems ensuring their requirements are adopted and widely disseminated throughout the operations teams and are translated into controlled Management System documentation
- Maintain contact with other operators for the purpose of identifying and implementing cost savings through shared activities, benchmarking best practices and procedures and obtaining industry intelligence
- Provide operational management planning and budget development for the PMO project team
- Prepare and execute the project development operations, pre-operations and start-up plans
- Participate in the planning and execution of the testing and commissioning activities to ensure timely start-up of production operations
- Oversee the operational development, integration and implementation of the following: Project Contracting Strategy, Project Execution Plan, Contractor Selection and Evaluation Procedures, Execution Schedule and Development Cost, Project Reviews and Benchmarking Exercises, Risk Mitigation Plans, Interface Control Procedures, Procurement Procedures and Contract Negotiation Strategies
- Ensure that all procedures fully comply with and PMO project development objectives and standards
- Ensure leadership team receives timely and accurate reports and necessary information on the decisions/activities of other groups that have an impact on their own activities to adjust work schedules.
- Assist to develop systems and procedures to enable project development changes and key decisions to be effectively disseminated to the leadership team and their subordinates.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to the Head of Projects on all relevant activities within the project development scope of work.
- Ensure Asset Leadership Team and Stakeholders are aware of changes in other areas of the project that have an impact on their activities so that they can implement the necessary changes that need to be made to achieve the project objectives.
- Ensure that an effective system is in place to enable the Asset Leadership Team to manage project interfaces
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
A degree in science and/or engineering (mechanical, structural or process) and a minimum 15 year experience background in the development or management of projects or operations in the mining industry that includes a leadership role in design, construction or the installation of mining processing or materials handling facilities.
Knowledge and understanding of mining industry health and safety management systems and experience working with engineering, construction and installation contractors.
Knowledgeable in project management fundamentals and processes, with specific experience as a project manager on mining projects. Familiarity with project procedures, project control systems and current-day project team organisational concepts.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Anna.holtmon-jones on 020 7419 5800 or email@example.com
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.