Technical Project Manager (Construction)
Leicester is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the country. We are committed to improving the lives of children, raising aspirations and building achievements.
About the role:
Leicester City Council’s Estates and Building Services (EBS) Division are currently looking for two experienced ‘Technical’ Project Managers. Working within the Capital Projects Team, you will have experience of working within a construction environment and will act as one of the EBS Project Managers working on major capital projects and programmes. You will lead, manage and motivate our appointed external consultancy Delivery Project Managers and co-ordinate inputs from the EBS and Client teams, providing project governance, technical oversight and expertise.
- Direct, implement and manage appropriate procurement delivery solutions for significant (typically in the range of £0.1m-£50m) projects or programmes within the Council’s Capital and Revenue Programmes
- Commission, negotiate and manage external specialist support whenever required for the delivery of projects
- Advise on and develop option appraisals and / or technical requirements
- Undertake continued analysis of project risks (including cost control), identifying, and implementing methodologies and procedures to manage and minimise those risks
- Provide robust and effective processes, protocols for effective project technical delivery of projects, budgets and outputs
- A relevant Project Management qualification, or experience, and a Construction related qualification (requirement varies dependant on the specialism of the post applied for: Design, or Structural / Civil engineering; Design related Degree in a design or project related discipline)
- Quantity Surveying: Cost Management related Degree in a construction or project related discipline
- MEP (Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing): Min Level 5 educated, in a relevant field (Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Design) or project related discipline
- Full Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g., RICS, RIBA, CIOB, CIBSE, ICE)
- Knowledge of, and experience of operating the suite of JCT and NEC contracts, CDM and Health & Safety compliance, and be committed to keeping up to date with initiatives and changes
- Experience of the preparation and financial monitoring of a complex capital project(s), experience of Design co-ordination, holistic option reviews, Pragmatic detail design resolution, whole lifecycle costing option reviews, Pragmatic design resolution and programming
- Proven ability to manage and provide services with challenging timescales and to successfully manage teams.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Construction Manager, Construction Management, Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor, Construction, Building Management, RICS, RIBA, CIOB, CIBSE, ICE, Contract Management, etc.