PMO Lead & Project Manager
PMO Lead & Project Manager
Salary: £36,334 to £43,804 dependent on experience, plus an allowance of either £2,148 (Zone 1) or £1,043 (Zone 2) depending on Location
The role will deliver HR PMO activities in the delivery of HR change programmes, to enable the function to deliver the MPS People Strategy. Around 50% of the role will be to support projects across HR to initiate and deliver effectively and to required project management standards.
Individuals in this role will be responsible for managing the HR PMO, managing or being a member of teams that will drive forward and deliver specific projects which sit in HR programmes, including all aspects of project management reporting, management of MI relating to programme registers and plans, management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies, setting and tracking benefits and managing project budgets. Projects will be managed to a project framework methodology.
An important aspect of the role is to drive continuous improvement and maturity in project management and PMO activities.
- Supports with a variety of cross-functional projects from beginning to end, driving tight definition of project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business plan, collaboration with business owners, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Works with Business Owner/Sponsor and others as needed, to define project objectives, and other criteria such as timeline, resources, budget, and completion criteria, and document in a project charter
- Establishing and driving robust PMO, project or programme management arrangements, including project management documentation
- Supports the development of coherent strategies to support delivery of HR’s people strategy
- Works with team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables
- Proactively manage and identify risks and issues, developing contingency plans ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communications to ensure alignment on project goals
- Make recommendations for improvement of all project management processes
- Able to manage budgets for medium to large scale projects with minimal oversight
- Develops and implements organisational change programmes: including issue analysis, scoping, impact assessment, engagement with relevant stakeholders, developing a change strategy and plan meeting the requirements of the MPS People Strategy.
- Ensures there is a communication plan in place with regard to the implementation of any change programme.
- Conduct post implementation evaluations to ensure that projects are properly delivered alongside requisite benefits
- Minimum five years’ experience and responsibility for delivering the full range of PMO outputs and overseeing projects with minimal oversight in a complex change portfolio or a complex transformation programme.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to engage a diverse group of stakeholders and manage relationships across varied disciplines, with the proven confidence to report on portfolio or programme performance at a change board level if required.
- Experience in co-ordinating small to medium complexity projects; demonstrating ability to run concurrent projects
- Previous experience of working on cross-functional business growth and transformation projects
- Ability to tailor PMO and project management techniques depending on needs and the environment
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Experience of dealing with complex problems and creating simple solutions
- Experience of working in a team and contributing successful delivery objectives
- Customer focused; understands the needs of internal and external customers
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Recognised qualifications in Prince 2, PMO qualification such as P3O - At least one of these or equivalent is essential
Please click on the below listed link to view an online candidate information pack https://sscl-innovation.com/MPScandidatepack/
Please visit our website to apply and to download a role-specific information pack. Applications will be via a detailed CV and online application form.
Completed applications must be submitted by XXXXX 2020.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.